Sunday I took my 3 yr old and 1 yr old to church... and my husband was over reacting at everything they were doing.

I brought snacks, sippys, crayons, coloring books... and the kids seemed pretty happy but he was upset Idk what I was supose to do. So if anyone has any good advise on things to bring to entertain my children at church please help!!!!

Tawana427

Asked by Tawana427 at 11:12 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think that people who bring there little kids to church and expect them to sit quietly are cruel and expecting way to much. Tell your husband that you will either

A. wait until your kids are old enough to get something out of it before going back.

B. He needs to find a sitter for your kids on church day until they are old enough to appreciate it.

mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 3:55 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• as long as they're not talking and being disruptive i don't see what the problem is... i bring crayons and a notbook for my 3 y/o and it keeps her quiet
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:14 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Was he upset with the choices of items you brought? Coloring book and crayons is a good idea, you can find christian coloring books. But snacks and juice should be after or before church.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 11:14 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I'm assuming your church doesn't have a nursery because my answer would be to put them in there. Other than that I would ask my husband why it bothered him as long as the kids were well-behaved and entertained, what did he expect?
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 11:14 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• what was he getting upset with ? My husband tends to over react when my son acts like a NORMAL toddler too - like he should know to be quiet or behave at this age? but that's what he thinks for some reason and if he's not sitting there quiet and like a 30 year old, he's being naughty... I told him he isn't being realistic for their ages.. I would opt not to take them?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:16 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• maybe your dh was the one who couldn't concentrate..perhaps he was trying to transfer his not wanting to be there onto the children. just a thought.
    if you think the children were fine, well-behaved for their age, they probably were.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:16 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• He was just upset that our daughter wanted to sit on the floor and color and that our son wanted to eat animal crackers... hes a chunky kid lol food it the only thing that keeps him quiet. But idk it just upset me how angry he was getting. Everyone around us were just looking at him like "calm down they're kids" {thehairnazi- you are probably right, though it was his idea to take them, and for us to go.}
    Tawana427

Answer by Tawana427 at 11:23 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Why not leave them in the nursery so they won't distract dad and others?

Answer by admckenzie at 12:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• He may have seen people looking back at your kids with disgusted looks. Why don't you ask him if someone was like staring or something. See why he was over reacting. I do agree that the nursery might be a better place next time.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:07 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Sounds like you did things exactly right to me.

Hubby needs to figure out that going to church with toddlers just simply cannot be the same experience as with adults.

It's polite to take 'em out if they're screaming and can't be calmed down quickly, but other than that, wiggly toddlers on the church bench is totally normal.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 3:21 PM on Sep. 28, 2009