should i be worried?

Every morning when Im about to go to work and my baby wakes up.. My boyfriend gets all angry because he has to get up and take care of the baby. And when our baby keeps crying he gets mad because he doesnt know what is wrong and why he keeps crying.. He gets really impatient and sometimes throws his bottle or punches the wall... And when he is playing a video game or about to eat and the baby starts crying and he gets all mad and starts yelling again... saying that he doesnt ever let him do anything. But he is great around him when I am home and feeding him and changing him... He loves playing with him and talking to him. But it seems when Im not around to help him he freaks out.... And our baby is already almost 4 months old. Does any one else have this problem? and is there a way to fix it? I know he loves being a father and enjoying the time they have together but i dont understand why these things have to happen.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• he's selfish and dosen't understand that the baby NEEDS him and you for a reason, the baby isn't crying just to interrupt him, what a dick
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• yeah i know I told him he has to get used to waking up early and changing his day by making sure our baby is happy... but he just gets frusterated , mad, and irratated... My neighbor was tellling me what was going on when I wasnt home... I just dont understand... He loves him... But its like he wants our baby to already to everything himself? Or always be happy just to make sure he is happy? I just dont get it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Boyfriend....ok, he can hit the road, he knows you have a baby or young child soooo he knew what he was getting into, if he can't handle it then you don't need him, there are better guys out there, and I'd be worried that he would hurt my child, I wouldn't trust him, he sounds like a jerk!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 11:19 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• yah but he is the father of the baby too. obviously he is going to be in his life... i just dont know why he has to get so angry about taking care of him ?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• he sounds selfish...how old are y'all that could have alot to do with it...
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:36 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I wouldn't leave my child with him honestly. It only takes one time(even seconds) with him losing his temper to shake or drop the baby. Maybe you should stay home and he should go to work.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 11:42 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• LOSER!!! Kick his ass to the curb before he hurts that baby!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• RUN!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:47 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• what i think might help in this situation is praising your bf when he does something for the baby. let him know how much you appreciate him helping with the baby. help him notice that the baby is doing good because of him too. Hopefully this will help him descover that he is important here and its not just you that keeps the baby healthy, happy and alive. once he discovers this maybe he'll be more inthused and proud to take care of his baby. i understand where he is coming from, ya he might be being a dick. but a baby is alot of work and really changes your life. itll take him time to adjust too. i would try to show him how important he is and when he does a good job tell him your proud. guys need reassurance as welll as us ladies do.
    brikay1

Answer by brikay1 at 5:48 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• i dont think he would hurt the baby... i just dont think he understands that the baby needs more attetnion/love then he thinks... but i have been trying to calm him down when im around when i see it happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Sep. 28, 2009