Where are Max and Ruby's parents?

My son is watching Max and Ruby on Nickelodeon right now. I've seen it before, but never realized that the parents are never there! She sees her g-ma on a daily basis, but they don't live with her. And Ruby is sooo mean and bossy to Max! WTF. I hate this show lol. My son likes it though.

Bmanda352

Asked by Bmanda352 at 11:16 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The parents are never shown because Rosemary Wells (the woman who wrote the Max and Ruby books that the show is based on) wants kids to see Max and Ruby solve the problems on their own, without instantly running to Mommy or Daddy for help.

Here's a link to an interview that Rosemary Wells gave to Noggin/Nick Jr.

http://www.nickjr.com/max-ruby/about-max-ruby/meet-max-and-ruby-creator_ap.html

makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 2:00 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• My boys like that show too. Idk where the parents are. The Backyardagains never show parents neither does Winnie the Pooh. Weird huh?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:20 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I know I don't understand! I hate that show, especially RUBY she's such a bitch and controlling, Max is cool he needs to find his parents and leave his sister.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 11:20 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Noggin changed to Nick JR. today, Moose made an announcement this morning! Hopefully it doesn't change that much and they don't have people making out like they do on nick.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 11:21 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• i have said that too and this is what i have come up with... There are no parents Ruby is Max's mom. Thats why the grandma comes around so much. To check on them. They say ruby is his sister bc she so young lol... I really dont know. but as for Backyardagains they do have parents they talk about them making snacks and things. Ruby never talks about hers. Winnie the pooh isnt a child and hes a bear so he doesnt need to have parents around lol
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 11:36 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• lol good theory chrstny88. I never thought of Ruby being an extremely young mom lmao.
    Bmanda352

Answer by Bmanda352 at 11:42 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• hahaha to me it always seems like ruby is taking care of max. i really dont like the show. max is annoying and ruby is kinda mean.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 11:44 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I think Ruby stewed them for her Bunny Scout cooking badge...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:46 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• LOL! I thought the same thing! Someone should call CPS on them! ;-) IMO, Ruby is way too nice to that jerk brother of hers! He's always doing the opposite of what she asks and he's always making a huge mess. Max said "MINE MINE" over and over in one episode and taught it to the littel boy that I babysit. Thanks Max ya dingdong.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 11:55 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I have wondered about Max & Ruby's parents too, as they have "adults" on the show= Grandma, Rosalinda, Mr and Mrs Huffington and Bunny Scout leader, but no mention of their parents. It is weird. My 3yr old LOVES that show I am a bit sick of watching the show. It can get annoying after a while- with Ruby bossing and Max kind of ignoring her and doing his own thing...
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:01 PM on Sep. 28, 2009