my 5 year old had a cavity filled:( How do you cope?

My little man had a cavity filled today. It was so hard to sit there and hear him begg for them to stop. How do you cope w/hearing your lo crying for mercy? I almost cried too.

momthruivf

Asked by momthruivf at 11:28 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• Was it a Pediatric dentist? My dd have horrible teeth for some reason. my oldest has had 6 root canals and a bunch of cavities filled. They gave her stuff to drink when she was little that made her loopy and sleepy and they had no problem no crying
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• They must not had numed him enough, he'll be ok, he probably is fine now, I had a lot of work done when I was younger and I survived, you just have to make sure they numb you enough and you can ask them not to be sooo rough. I had braces and I swear they would jerk your head around on purpose!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 11:34 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I refuse to get any work done to my kids teeth unless it will effect their adult teeth. I don't see the point in some of the work done to the baby teeth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I feel for you. .My son has a cleaning and cavity filled almost every time. The best pain reliever for kids in the tweens is advil. For children tylenol drops or cough syrup style. But that is what my son prefers. Don't let him sleep on that side and ice pack if it gets swollen. Ask for antiboitics.GL and hope your child feels much better.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 12:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2009