When does the morning nap go away?

My DD just turned 1. She used to have two naps and now some days she will only have one. If she has one, she will get super grumpy later. Is she trying to go down to one nap? And is the transition supposed to be hard?

Lauren24

Asked by Lauren24 at 11:29 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• Sounds like she is trying to go down to one, but if she is still getting super grumpy, I'd lay her down for that second. It's hard, this transition from 2 to 1 and then wait till it's from 1 to none(YIKES)... but you got a few years before that. LOL Anyway, That second nap for a little one is very important, even if she isn't sleeping, the rest can rejuvenate her far more than we can understand. So, I say, keep trying. Lay her down. Rock her a bit to get her sleepy(I did this a lot with my second DS) and then put her down. Just the rest will be good for her... and you. GL!
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 11:36 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Let her naturally transition, my daughter just turned 1 on the 23rd, and some days she'll take one and then other's it two, but they are never that long, an hour to hour half.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 11:36 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• my son stopped his second nap on his own at 13 months. He just started fighting and staying awake when I pput him down so after 2 days of that I went right to Noon and he has been on that ever since.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:23 PM on Sep. 28, 2009