His Lifetime Dream,

My DH's lifetime dream is to sail the Caribbean in a sail boat. We are both licensed sailors and I enjoy it but not sure I enjoy it to the point I want to spend months on the boat. He would even like to pack everything up and live on the boat. Hmmm He keeps saying my dream. If I tell him how I am feeling I am afraid it will crush him. Thoughts?

dillonsma

Asked by dillonsma at 11:37 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• with a kid? that sure would not be my dream!!!! I vote for telling him the truth

Answer by admckenzie at 11:40 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• We would not have the boys they are almost out of high school. He is talking about leaving after they go to college.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 11:43 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• How serious is it? How close is it to a reality? If it's just a far off dream, let him have it unadulterated.. if he's mapping outocean currents and buying gear, let him know how you feel. Ask to take a shorter trip first or another compromise.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 11:50 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I agree with Seven.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:47 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• That's my dream! I want to buy a sailboat and sail around the world. That would be awesome, at least in my opinion. But just tell him the truth, that you need some land time too.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:23 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I would help my husband fullfill his dream even if it was not something i really wanted to do. You never know, you might need him to help you do the same one day.

Couples do this kind of stuff for eachother though. I know i go places i don't want to go just for him, and i KNOW he ALWAYS does stuff w/ me that he doesn't want to do. But, that's what people who love eachother do. We make sacrifices for each other. I bet you would have a good time. Does sailing the ocean w/ your love not seem pleasing to you? I would be i heaven if i was alone w/ my love at sea for months. Sounds very romantic. Anyway, I'm sure you'l stop off a few places along the way.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:10 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I agree with Samurai..if it was living on the boat I would have a say. If it is a few months to help the love of your life fullfill a life long dream I would go for it. Surely you can compromise and stop a few places you choose.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2009