President heads to Denmark to plea for Chicago as choice for olympics. Appropriate?

The president and first lady will be pleading the case for Chicago to the olympic committee.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/28/obama-appeal-denmark-chicago-olympics/

How do you feel about this? Is it appropriate? What will it cost the taxpayers?

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 11:40 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:40 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Wait for iiiiitttttttt........the "how many vacations did Bush take" response is coming.......just you wait....

And NO its not.  He has this HC thing all over the map and no where near done (you know, the one that needs to pass NOW), the general in Afghanistan is WAITING for a response on troop levels , and unemployment is the double digits...but by all means worry about the Olympics.  omg. 

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:43 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• What the hell business is it of yours anyway? DO they have to call and ask you for your permission? He's the President, he can do whatever he wants. Grow up and stop posting links.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Chicago is their home town right? So why would being President stop them from doing something good for their hometown, which will also benefit the US. I hope Chicago gets to hold the Olympics, my husband and I were talking about this the other night. We already plan on taking our kids if it does happen. I don't know about you, but I could not afford to go to China with 4 kids but Chicago we can do. Think of the wonderful experience it would be for any child to be able to attend just one Olympic game in their life time.
    lori232

Answer by lori232 at 11:48 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• 1) yes anon, he works for US.  The ENTIRE COUNTRY...his trips cost TAX PAYER money and no, he cannot do whatever he wants.

2) lori, I dont really care if it is his home town.  There are WAY more important things going on right now that need his attention. Aren't there and Czars are advisers or Diplomats he can send?  I had heard Michelle was going.  GREAT! It would be wonderful to have it in the US, but we have a few pressing issues that he is just NOT handling.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:07 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

Gee, what business is it of mine? I am a taxpayer. Everytime the president leaves the country it costs millions of dollars. Just because he is president DOESN'T mean he can do whatever he wants! You need to grow up and stop boo hooing just because someone criticizes the president.

NEVER has a US president lobbied for the games. Doesn't he have more pressing matters? The economy is in the tank and it appears the middle east is about to enter a nuclear arms race. IMO, which I am entitled to......this is not only inappropriate but over the top as well.

It would be great to have olympics in the US, but it isn't the job of the president to lobby for them..especially not on the taxpayer dime. Is Chicago paying for the trip???
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• What's so inappropriate about it? Isn't that how the olympics gets pitched for the host country? I think it would be great to have it in Chicago being from the area. This area has been killed with all the jobs going overseas, plants shut down, etc. Jobs would be created to get this area ready for the Olympics, during the event, and afterwards. Not to mention the revenue coming in from everywhere with hotels, transportation, etc.

You all just hate it because it's Obama's doing. That's it. Pure and simple. No matter what he tries, you all spin it into something horrible.
    bubsiclesmom

Answer by bubsiclesmom at 12:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• The Olympics promote physical fitness and I think that is a great thing for our President to take a small, short trip for. Maybe if more Americans were healthier we wouldn't quite have the health care crisis that we have right now. As for Iran its time for the rest of the world to deal with idiots like that.
    lori232

Answer by lori232 at 12:13 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• They should just run this headline every day. It would cover anything Obama does.

"President RAPES Taxpayers Again!"

To harsh?  How about this one?

President Blows Free Money Picked From Chinese Money Tree.  Refuses to share with general population.....

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Not appropriate.
    Anonymous