weird mystery scab on my 17 month old.....

Last week I noticed this mark under my DD upper arm that looked as though she rubbed a spot raw and then it scabbed over. I have no idea where it could of come from exept that she hangs her arms over the play pen. So i thought maybe she rubbed it on there too much. But the strange thing is its getting bigger and red like its infected. I have no clue what this is since I can't really pinpoint a cause and can't explain why it is getting bigger. It just looks red and scabbed. Any ideas?

Roisin07

Asked by Roisin07 at 11:41 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Birthmark that's suddenly making an appearance?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• no its scabbed. peroxide makes it fizzle so there is infection
    Roisin07

Answer by Roisin07 at 4:09 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I just got back from the doctor with my 6 month old. he's had spots that rapidly grew and became disgusting. They said he may have a staph or strep infection, he also suggested MRSA. I would get it checked out for sure! My baby is now on an antibiotic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2009