how would you feel?

Ok i went to kroger last night and the girl that worked there came up to me and said I was the biggest Prego person she has ever seen and im only 25 weeks ... How would you feel? It realy hurt my feelings... I am kinda big up im only 4'9 its all in the belly.. What would you have said to her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was with my sister one time and a lady just went on about how thin she was and then she looked at me, up and down, and said "Well you are a little heavier." I just laughed and said " WELL I HOPE SO, I'M 6 1/2 MONTHS PREGNANT." My tummy was not even that big yet!!She would have really thought I was huge if she'd have seen me at the end! Just ignore those people or simply say, Well I hope I'm big. I have another person growing in there and that's how it works." You will be back to your old "normal" self soon!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:43 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• iwould have said something about her weight even if she were skinny "like well you have the biggest ass i've ever seen"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I would have said, with as much control as I could muster, how that was the rudest comment ever made to me. I doubt she would have liked hearing that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• You can't respond by being mean to her, because then you become her and you won't respect yourself if you do that. I probably would've said something like, "Wow, that's extremely hurtful," and walked away. I think she needs to understand the consequences of what she said (hurting you) but in a way that you're not doing the same thing.
    amy5272

Answer by amy5272 at 12:00 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• i would have taken it as a compliment. means your baby is growing good and I love being big when pregnant.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:02 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Unless you know that she was trying to be a bitch don't be too offended. She didn't say you were the fattest person she had ever seen, she qualified it by using the word prego. AND you are emotional right now.....(Don't you dare take offense)She probably meant to say that is the biggest pregnant belly she had seen. People that aren't "prego" don't always realize how rude they can be. Wait til people just come up and start touching your belly.
    mygirlscome1st

Answer by mygirlscome1st at 12:16 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I am with the bigger the better perspective, too. Some people intend to compliment but have to tact. :- /

But you can speak up and let her know that it was hurtful.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:25 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• My SO said something last night that rings true every day

"You think I actually put rational thought it that before I said it?"

People say dumb stuff. She might have thought it was a compliment like telling you your baby looked healthy. SO told me "Those panties look like they are going to explode off your ass" but what he meant was "I'm sexually attracted to your pregnant ass and wish to remove your panties" bc he's an idiot on accident.

If it happens again, flat out ask the person, "I'm sure you meant that I look great, right? Because complimenting pregnant women is your intention, right?" seriously, who wants to mess with a pregnant woman?
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:53 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Honestly I would have laughed and said I feel as big as you think I look. But I am huge all in the belly when I am prego too.
    MamaCass05

Answer by MamaCass05 at 3:26 PM on Sep. 28, 2009