i'm asking AGAIN.. my poor little guy

my baby has a nasty rash on his head and face (i'm pretty sure it's atopic dermatitis) anyways i changed his shampoo TWICE and it kept getting worse, i started using cetaphil last night and i have an appt with the derm on thursday, i know he's aggrovated but what else can i do to help him ( he's 7 weeks old) oh & the rash has gotten so bad around his left eye that his top & bottom eyelids are kinda swollen

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Poor baby! I hope what was suggested to you helps in the meantime before he sees the doctor.

Good luck!
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 12:21 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• ummm take him to the er
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Take him to the ER.
    Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 12:12 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• CALL YOUR DOCTOR!!!! NOW!!! goodness mom, you need real answers don't play around with a newborn especially if its all over its face... He could have picked u something from the hospital or who knows ... definitely get that baby checked out!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• You seriously asked this question twice without taking him to the doctor!?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• try an oatmeal or baking soda bath if it is bothering him. My mother felt honey is the cure for everything, but I use aloe for topical skin problems. Good luck!
    h3art2h0m3

Answer by h3art2h0m3 at 12:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Apricot oil by Burts Bees, also Butt paste works wonders on rashes. I would call his doc, if his eye is swollen though. Soap is very harsh on young babies skin, I would suggest that you check the PH of anything you use, the lower the PH the milder the soap. Redken makes a mens bar that I had great luck in using on my son, good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:15 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I would ask the phamcary if you can give him bendryl

You could try a warm bath without soap produts

He could be allegric to Soap, My daughter was and we couldn't figure it out till like 2 -3 months after she was born and she had rashes all over her face. She used Aveeno Soap, its like dye free and soap free. She now 3 and still uses that.

You can try Baby Oil

It could be the Laundry soap from your clothes or his that is making rashes on his face.

Maybe a Perfume you or someone else wears when holding him.

You can try a Ezema Cream they have at Walgreens with pooh bear on it, My nephew used that on his face when he was about 3 to like 9 months cause of a rash and that worked great for him.
    HANNAHSMOMMY25

Answer by HANNAHSMOMMY25 at 12:16 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Aveeno Makes Baby Oatomeal Bath too. That my daugther takes at least once a week still to this day cause of her ezema.
    HANNAHSMOMMY25

Answer by HANNAHSMOMMY25 at 12:18 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• okay to the ppl that said ER, it's not THAT bad, i just know he's uncomfortable...anyways i tried aveeno but it made it worse that's why i started the cetaphil last night & to hannahsmommy i have the cream with pooh bear on it but it's not helping ,it does keep him moisturized though....thanks for the suggestions, i'm just tring to keep him comfortable until he can get to the derm on thursday
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Sep. 28, 2009