Aminotic Fluid

Every time I got to the bathroom I notice I have a wet spot the size of a quarter could this be me leaking aminotic fluid.I am only 34 wks pregnant. If it is aminotic fluid leaking what do I need to do?

BraxtonsMommy09

Asked by BraxtonsMommy09 at 12:13 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Did you talk to your doctor?
    Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 12:15 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• i dont think its fluid.could be pee. like a few drops.i know this is gross but smell it next time. if it smells sweet it might be fluid. id call your dr and ask tho. maybe he can cehck via ultrasound. i know b4 i delievered i had an ultrasound to see how big my baby was.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I was so worried I was leaking too, if its just wet (light & clear) it may be nothing just normal secretion. But if you are worried it would be good to let your doctor/midwife know and be on the safe side, leaking amniotic fluid is dangerous, I didn't leak I just thought that might be it and saw my doctor and called my midwife and everything was okay and they seemed pretty confident you would know amniotic fluid if you saw it, I think it would be a little more wetter than just spots on your panties and possibly some coloring (again please get checked if or make sure your doctor knows that you think your amniotic fluid is leaking... but it sounds just like regular residue, Be careful and good luck mamma
    childofGod51509

Answer by childofGod51509 at 12:18 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I was induced because i was low on amniotic fluid; however, i don't remember having leaky spots. That could be what that is but I didn't experience that.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 12:22 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Have you noticed color or odor?
    You can put on a maxi pad and monitor for a while.
    See if after lying down it creates a gush when you stand.

My water broke and gushed for over a week~ it was confusing for a little bit and then pretty obvious.
    But not every rupture is a gusher. And usually, moms have discharge or pee leak out to make it complicated.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:22 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• you may be leaking pee, that happened to me. talk to your doc
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 12:23 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• i leaked pee both my pregnacies, doesnt it smell like amonia if yes then is pee
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:51 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I want to tell you a really funny story. When I was prego with my son I was about 15 weeks alone and was having some cramps, probably BH. Anyways I was home alone 19 years old, my first baby, and didnt know anything. My mom had been out to a friends bachelorette party and couldnt come get me when I called frantic because of the fluid coming out of me is slow trickling amounts periodically. She told me to call 911 and she would pick me up at the hospital when the alcohol wasnt so strong in her system and could drive. So the ambulance came and got me and took me to the ER. ALl this to find out that I had pee'd myself! LOL To this day everyone who knows this story laughs and gets a good kick out of it! Keegle(sp?) exercises should help a little and they are good to prepare your vaginall muscles for delivery. They are also good after baby is born to get you vaginal muscles back to normal. Good luck!
    MamaCass05

Answer by MamaCass05 at 3:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2009