Any ideas for a weight loss program?

I'm planning on getting my friends/family to "sign up" to do a weight loss program with me. I am planning on having everyone put in $20 and do a weigh in every Friday. No one has to meet for it, they can weigh in at their homes (just take pictures of their weight-either digital or on their cell phones) and send it in to me. Whoever lost the most weight in 6 weeks wins the money. It keeps us all in check and we get a great reward if we lose the most. I am going to make a website and track everyone via nickname, so each person can see where they stand. I am just trying to make it as fun/rewarding as possible, do you have any ideas that I can incorporate into my idea?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• This is a great idea, I love the idea of a website!
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 1:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• What a tremendous idea!

Stop buying junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:25 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• food journal! Keep track of those calories you eat...
    sauterelledesil

Answer by sauterelledesil at 12:39 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• That is such a great way to keep motivated to loose weight, having a challenge with your family! I am doing Jenny Craig and having great success. I've lost 23 pounds in 3 months. I work out 3-4 times a week and I never think about food. I just eat what they give me. It works for me. I think the cost is reasonable, since my grocery bill has gone way down and fast food is non-existent.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 11:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2009