diaper rash - advice please

what's your best tried and true treatment for diaper rash? I'm seeing some tiny red bumps around baby's bum. Thanks!

dani809

Asked by dani809 at 12:25 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I always put desitin overnight relief (ointment, not cream) on my baby at night, and if I thought he was going to get a rash, i put the overnight on every time I changed him, I did that anyways but used regular diaper rash stuff.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 12:27 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Oh and he never got a rash he's 3 now.
    heartfrommyson

• Butt Paste!! This is a miracle!! My BF got me some and it is amazing, it also heals other kind of rashes as well, good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:29 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• original desitin is the main one that i use ( not the creamy kind) but there has been a time or two that i used butt paste and it also works well.
    brooklynjean07

Answer by brooklynjean07 at 12:32 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• besides fresh air ( swear kid running around naked does help ) but if u cant do that then i LOVE AND SWEAR BY butt past..even a lil rash apply some and in 15 mins swear its gone..its a mirical past..my friend who is due in a month recived a bucket of it from me lol..this will be her first baby but she has seen the magic past work also so she knows its a great thing..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 12:33 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• My daughter had a so bad diaper rash that the doctor thought it was an infection, the only one paste that worked was Balmex it really helps with just one application.
    shining8250

Answer by shining8250 at 1:50 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• balmex for me too, love it
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 1:51 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I avoid baby wipes - they have alcohol which can be drying. Use a wet paper towel or wash cloth. Leave the diaper off for 5 minutes or so for some air time. Then coat with diaper creme. I'm a big fan of Dr. Smith's Diaper Ointment, but it looks like lots of them worked for other moms. And just frequent diaper changes until it clears up.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 2:46 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I agree with the butt paste and my dr also said not to put soap in the bath until you wash them. Just let the kid sit in the water then wash and rinse all soap off.
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 4:17 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I used A&D ointment. Worked good for us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Sep. 28, 2009