To those of you who find it okay to teach all grade school kids

about homosexuality. Then would you be okay with the school teaching your kids about, lets just say Christianity? Not converting them mind you but just teaching them it in a positive light for the purpose of tolerance towards them. This is a serious question, I am honestly not try to stir up trouble. Or do you feel that would be your responsibility? What about the intolerance towards fat people? Maybe that would be more appropriate question.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• good

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I don't agree with homosexuality period. I don't want it to be taught to my kids and I don't want to see or hear about it. Plain and simple.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Tolerance should be taught at home. The three R's should be taught at school.
    Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 12:34 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I have no problem with teaching them about Christianity as long as they include other prominent religions as well. I am a Christian, and feel those teachings are best left at home - but teaching children that there isn't only one way out there is best IMO.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:34 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• They are already taught to be tolerant of all religions - or at least the 3 Abrahamic ones that share the same god. Christianity especially is entrenched in literature, art, music, history, social studies and even science. They are exposed to it in one way or another every year.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:41 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I'm Atheist...and my kids are well versed in Christianity as well as other religions. I have no problem with them learning about homosexuality and other alternate lifestyles. This is the world we live in, I have no idea why people are so afraid of knowledge.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 12:45 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I think the more kids can learn about almost EVERYTHING, the better prepared they are for life. I mean when you are talking about sex, how much do they need to know about homosexuality, some people are some are not, no bigge. I plan to teach my child about all religions, so he will be accepting and tolerant of others. TOO much hate in this world to do otherwise.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:51 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Anon, 12:33, way to go hiding your head in the sand!!!!!

I do agree that tolerance should be taught at home, but it doesn't always work that way, and if the schools can feel the obvious void to those who don't I am all for it. Knowledge is a wonderful thing no matter what you teach!

Answer by older at 12:54 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• "Teaching" about homosexuality or acknowledging it? Big difference. I don't believe anyone is teaching children about how it works, just that it is. Which is fine by me. Go ahead and tell tell them that Christianity exists also, I have no problem with that, assuming they inform them of all religions as well.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:02 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I want my kids to be informed of things going on in the world, but I want it to be taught at home.
    I don't mind them learning about homosexuality or Christianity. It's not like they won't eventually
    learn about it anyway, so why not get objective information from both sides of the fence. My kids have minds of their own, and I want them to use them.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:05 PM on Sep. 28, 2009