Does anyone know of any Halloween crafts I can do with my 4 yo?

I really would like to use stuff that I already have. (i.e. milk cartons, toilet paper rolls, buttons) I know I'll need to buy a few things, but I really want to make things that are inexpensive. Thanks!

tabc531

Asked by tabc531 at 12:53 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Holidays

• Here's a long list of crafts that you can choose from:

http://familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts/season/specialfeature/halloween_ms_crafts/

Have fun!

LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 12:55 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• You could make little Frankensteins with the toilet paper rolls.

Also that site LuvBug3 gave is awesome!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:01 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Remember making the angels from toliet paper rolls? For the top of the christmas tree? You could make witches instead.
    Egg carton spiders would be cool.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Thanks everyone! That website is awesome! WE are going to have so much fun doing these projects...I'll probably be more excited than my son!
    tabc531

Answer by tabc531 at 3:05 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• You could cut the toilet paper rolls into four thinner rolls, glue leaves (fake ones from the dollar store or real ones) then tie a piece of twine or ribbon around them and walla! Napkin rings!

If you have some old cans you can paint them orange then use a hammer and nail to punch little holes in it to make the triangle shape for eyes and a mouth. Stick a tea light candle in it and you have little pumpkin candle holders.

JoAnn's and Michaels' both have 25 cent wood shapes to paint. They have pumpkins, cats, bats, ghosts and withces...and skeletons maybe?

If you have black construction paper, fall colored tissue paper and contact paper you can make stained glass pumpkins and leaves. Just fold a piece of black construction paper in half and cut out whatever shape you want from the middle. Open the paper up and carefully lay it on the contact paper, stick the tissuepaper all over the opening then glue it closed.
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 3:20 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Make a paper bag pumpkin. Stuff a brown paper bag with crumbled newspaper, about half full. Gather the unstuffed part of the bag and tie it with rafia or string right above the newspaper. Pain the bottom of the bag orange, and the top can be left brown or painted green to be the stem. Then add a face to the front of your pumpkin!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:49 AM on Sep. 30, 2009