Do you have a cleaning lady?

I was just wondering how many of you have someone to come and help you clean? I have been so busy with work, that things are starting to get out of control. I was also wondering how much you should pay for this and how often you have them come. I don't want to be away from DS when I am at home cleaning tubs etc... but need to get a handle on this!

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 1:00 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• if I worked full time I would have one. just someone to come in 1x a week to help me get caught up. I would figure on average $50.00 a week and she would be there 3-5 hours. You have to make sure you are VERY clear what you want her to do. is laundry included how about doing dishes, do you want her to clean upstairs or just down. dusting,? vacuuming,? windows?, some cleaning ladies run errands as well and will start dinner too, you will have to sit down and figure out exactly what you want/need and put it in writing.

I look at it this way you are helping out another mother to put food on the table for her kids....go for it and ignore the rude people who are so much better than the rest of us......IJS

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 1:21 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I don't, but I sure wish I did! Just to have someone come in to do the jobs that I don't have time for on a daily basis would be awesome! I have no clue what they charge, either, but I'll be interested in seeing other people's answers.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:02 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I think it is wonderful for you to have a cleaning lady come once a week if you can afford it.
    I would think they would charge between $10-15 an hour.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I AM MY OWN CLEANING LADY JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD BE....IN AMERICA WE RELY ON WAY TO MANY PEOPLE TO DO EVERYTHING FOR US.....IF PEOPLE WOULD JUST LEARN HOW TO CLEAN AFTER THEM SELF'S AFTER THEY TAKE SOMETHING OUT /MAKE A MESS U SHOULD HAVE TO CLEAN BUT A FEW THINGS A DAY THAT ALL TAKE UNDER ONE HOUR TO DO!
    Anonymous

• My mother had a cleaning lady come in to help deep clean about once a month. It sure helped a lot. We would do chores and tidy up, yes. But sometimes you just need some help! Scrubbing and polishing and all that is kind of hard to always remember and realistically, we all may need some help. If you can afford it, I say go for it! It is a nice stress reliever.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 1:05 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• well not me but my mom was a husekeeper/ nanny and she charged anywhere form$10- $14 ucks and hopur depidnmeing on the size of the house and how dirty it was
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:05 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• My coworker has a lady who comes to her house and she said she charges by how big the rooms are and how many she cleans. i told her it would be nice if I could get someone into my house to clean the bathrooms because I loathe cleaning bathrooms!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Okay anon apprecialte the lecture, I didn't ask what you thought of me not having theTIME to do it right, just wanted advice from other Mom's that are in the same situation, just to add a little more, my Mom is very sick with breast cancer and between work and my son I am needing a little help, but leave it to someone to be nasty!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:06 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I don't have a cleaning lady, and I would feel bad about hiring one - BUT - I'm a SAHM. (not to mention I'm not caring for a sick parent)

I don't think there's anything wrong with a woman who is already working and doing all the things you're doing to hire a cleaning lady so that she can have time to spend with her child.

It's not a matter of being lazy, it's a matter of prioritizing your time - because that's just as valuable as the money that you will spend on the cleaning person.

Now, for me, it would be lazy - I'm a SAHM with my kids in school (though I do a lot of volunteer work). I do my own cleaning and stuff, but I have more time to do it. If I was in your situation, then I would hire one and consider it a wise investment and appropriate use of resources - all of them - time and money.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I WISH!
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:25 PM on Sep. 28, 2009