1 month old today, can't lay him down?

I am watching my nephew, I do have 2 children by the way, but this one is a bit different. I can't lay him down. He wants to be held all day I suppose. Maybe I was just blessed with 2 good children, not sure. I have a 7 yr old and a 7 month old, and the only time they were this fussy is if they were sick, hungry or tired. This isn't the first time I have kept him, its been like this every time. Anyone have any suggestions to sooth a whiny baby without having to hold him continuously?

jeepwranglrbabe

Asked by jeepwranglrbabe at 1:01 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son was FULL of colic and had reflux symptoms so yes, you were blessed with good babies if they weren't fussing ALL DAY Long like my son! I had to bounce my son all day long, had a protable swing and would have to tight wrap him even though he squirmed but that was the only way he'd fall asleep - too hard - Its VERY hard, Please be patient for he's probably like this for your sister /brother and they need to know someone is being patient with her little one while they are not with him - it SUCKS to have a hard baby... try a sling? Is the baby breastfed? could be a formula or intolerance to the milk? My son is almost 2 and he's STILL a whine bag lol!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:08 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• DO you have a swing, or a bouncy chair, lay him on the couch and sit with him and ply with some toys and have your kids play with him.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 1:10 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Still bouncing as I type, lol. My brother's little one and I know he needs a break! My sister in law says she doesn't know how to help the baby and my brother is just so good at it. I always knew he would be a good daddy. ;o)

Thanks!
    jeepwranglrbabe

Answer by jeepwranglrbabe at 1:10 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• what abou a sling you could wear or a swing? A vibrating seat?
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 1:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I did but gave them to the new baby in hopes they could get some relief
    jeepwranglrbabe

Answer by jeepwranglrbabe at 1:31 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• The swaddling is working... YAY!!
    jeepwranglrbabe

Answer by jeepwranglrbabe at 1:56 PM on Sep. 28, 2009