What are some fun fall time activities I can do with my 22 month old?

Krystal.Ingalls

Asked by Krystal.Ingalls at 1:06 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Check your local pumpkin patch. Ours had all kinds of stuff set up - hay bale houses to play in, giant corn box (like a sand box with dried corn), petting zoo, hayrides. And tons of places for pictures. My son's pre-school would do a field trip there every year.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:10 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• You can go apple picking, and pumpkin picking. Most of the orchards have hay rides as well. I also love doing leaf rubbings as an art project. I love the fall!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:10 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I took my daughter apple picking last year. Also we went to grandma's to rake her leaves and let her jump in them. Local parks or State parks have nature trails that are wonderful with the color change. We collected pretty items and put them in a small shoe box that I covered in paper for her to decorate.I have her bring a stroller for her doll so I can push her if need be. Hay rides were enjoyed by my son, but my daughter couldn't stay put. We painted pumpkins rather then cut them up.
    h3art2h0m3

Answer by h3art2h0m3 at 1:13 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Corn maze, fall festivals, visit the park while it's still warm.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 1:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• jump in the leaves. collect leaves and press them with an iron between wax paper and save them.
    I used to collect acorns with my son and make a letter "A" out of them (glued onto paper) "L" leaves "C" corn "F" flower "S"Seeds etc etc
    make a scarecrow, apple picking, pumpkin patch, tasting apple cider, read books about fall
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 1:15 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Make a leaf pile and jump in it. Paint a pumpkin - you can do this instead of carving so that he can help more :-)

Do like the pp's said and go on hay rides, to pumpkin patches, apple picking, etc. Put a mirror outside at night and check out the frost that forms on it in the morning.

Make a game out of seeing your breath - "seeing" who can blow the farthest, etc.

Collect colorful leaves and make rubbings of them or help him glue them to paper that you can hang on the fridge.

Bundle up and go play in the park, and bring along some hot cocoa or something along those lines - warm apple juice is also good :-) and have it as a special chilly day in the park treat.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:17 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I like to get out the fall colored finger paints and I draw leaves on the big piece of paper and let them do the rest.
    Thanksgiving there is the handprint turkey.
    Rake a pile of leaves together and let him jump in.
    Color pages on Kidzone.com are awesome! They have lots of fall activities too.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 1:37 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• We buy those little pumpkins and glue eyes on them and paint faces.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:58 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• One more, get construction paper, you cut out brown tree trunk, brown tree limbs, and diff fall colored leaves. Let your child paste, I think he can, with glue stick and bang everything together. It wont be perfect but he should have fun banging! You write down family memebers names on the leaves. Cut a long strip of green paper and cut a bunch of slits to make grass, crumple it and glue it at bottom of tree. Just get creative, use real grass or flowers or acorns....I think I am going to do this right now!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:38 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Make scented pine cones or homeade potpourri.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:39 PM on Sep. 28, 2009