Winter?

Anyone else scared of what your child will be like in the winter when they can't play outside ALL Day? My son is 22 months old and LOVES to be outside. We take walks, bike rides, go to the park, play in the backyard. Me and my husband are actually nervous what we are going to do this winter. We are bringing his play slide inside the house and trying to make it funner but there's only so many times we can go outside during the day... he gets so house crazy if he's cooped up- anyone have idea's what they do with a wildly active 2 year old during the winter? He won't even sit long enough EVER to watch TV so I can't put in a movie - he has yet to sit for even 5 minutes for TV

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 1:15 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• Go to malls with playgrounds. Or Mc Donalds or anbother fast food place they usually have indoor playgrounds. Thats what I usually do. I do it more so in the summer b/c it is so HOT here.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 1:38 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Local YMCA's and public schools have indoor pools open to the public for a small fee. Libraries not only have the reading for young children, but hands on crafts. Just getting out of the house helps.
    h3art2h0m3

Answer by h3art2h0m3 at 1:21 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Last winter we had a freak snowstorm that lasted two weeks straight, not the normal for Seattle and surrounding areas. I let my kids play outside for short periods in the snow, Did other things indoors. Depends on where you live on doing activities that could be outdoors, if you live in a place that has frequent snow, and not able to get out.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 1:27 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Last year I let DD play on the porch for short periods of time. We did A LOT of crazy dancing in the house. I also took her to the store, not shopping, just walked around with her.
    eeyoreplus4

Answer by eeyoreplus4 at 1:44 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Take them to one of those bouncy places. We have one here and it is like $4 unlimited play, and they have a separate toddler section. Those would be great to wast a little energy in!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 1:47 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Bundle the kid up and go outside! Don't be a weather wimp!!!

Answer by rkoloms at 3:47 PM on Sep. 29, 2009