What does this sound like to you?

We're looking to hire 17 top notch brand ambassadors to work a very fun promotion at the Air Show at the AFB October 9th-11th.

There is a mandatory paid orientation on Friday Oct 9th from 4pm to 6pm

Event schedule:
Saturday October 10th 8am to 5pm
Sunday October 11th 8am to 5pm

If you are at least 18 years of age, attractive, friendly, and most of all...able to treat this like a real job where you must show up on time, and work for your full shift, then we want you on the team. Applicants may not have any facial piercings or visible tattoos.

Please send a resume of recent promotional work (if available) or just tell me about your promotional experience. If you do not have promotional experience that is fine too, just tell me about any work experience you have. Also send a headshot.
Please put "(the city)" in the reply or response line so we will immediately open up the e-mail and then contact you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• sounds like a job applicationgrandma

evilive

Answer by evilive at 2:25 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I want to respond, but I am not sure what it is for. haha
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• sounds too vague and a scam.....why the headshot. I have never had to send a picture for any job
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Sounds like they're only in it for looks..

hmmm
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:26 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Well, I know it is legit because they do the air show every year. If it were a scam, doing it for some big event such as that would be busted in an instant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• It sounds like they are hiring people to work at an event that's going to be on base, and that in a very ham handed way they're trying to hire people that are in compliance with the military's policies on personal appearance and grooming.

I'm NOT slamming on piercings, tattoos, etc. Just that the military is pretty strict about this sort of thing, and if it's something on the base, then the person doing the hiring probably thinks you should be in compliance with military standards.

Also, I'm NOT saying that the military is the one doing this - just that the person who made the ad / is doing the hiring probably is trying to do it.

But I would just call and ask about it, see what they mean by "attractive" and why that matters - lol - what if you're clean cut but not cute - would they still hire you? What exactly are they promoting??
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:28 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• It sounds like a sales position, temporary, and they want people who will deal well with the public. I think I'd find out about it.

Answer by Bmat at 1:30 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Another thought - it it's NOT the base or someone through them doing the hiring, then maybe it's one of these companies that want to hire cute girls to draw in the customers that you would find on an AFB - such as all the young Airmen... Something along the lines of Hooters - hire cute girls because they know the guys like it... (btw - not slamming on Hooters, either - lol - I think they have good food.)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:30 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Sounds to me like "plane models" or somethings similiar - where you stand next to a plane, smile, wave, look pretty/handsome, and describe the features, history, etc.

It's basically a modeling job w/ a script - hence the headshots.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:55 PM on Sep. 28, 2009