Need help on little girl sizing?

Help, moms! My daughter turned 4 in June. She is clearly growing out of size 4 clothing. I've been out this past weekend to go shopping for a few things and am VERY confused. She's currently in 4T. When does the T stop? When does she finally leave the little baby girl section and go to the big girl section? So many questions really...I guess any advice in general? Thanks!

momofana82

Asked by momofana82 at 1:29 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Shopping

• my dd is 3 and she wears a 4t and sometimes the xs 4/5 in the little girls section (not baby section)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:30 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I've started buying my 2 1/2 yo DD XS (4/5) t-shirts in the girls' section. She's still in 2t pants though, her legs are short.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• She could probably go for either 5t or the smallest sizes in the little girls sections like 4,5,6 etc. My little girl is almost four and that's how I shop for her.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 1:33 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• The t's stop at 5T I believe and go to 6 or 6X (Xtra slim). I think I shopped both sections at age 5.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:34 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• it stops at 5T. but i would go ahead and start looking in the little girls depart size 4/5 or xs i think. you can also get a measuring tape and measure her and compair it to the stores sizing chart.usually found online.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 1:41 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• The "T" size stops at 5T. The little girls' section starts at XS which is 4/5, but I think it's a little bit bigger than the "T" sizes. At least that was my experience with my daughter. Also, just so there's no confusion, the X in 6X is actually like a "plus size" where they are a little fuller through the butt and thigh. They have 6X and then 6 slim -- I hope that helped. I was confused too when my daughter got to be abou a 4T and 5T also!
    MamaChanny

Answer by MamaChanny at 12:09 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• It depends on the store!! The childrens place they stop at 5t for there jeans, but the size 4 in the big girls sections fit bigger than the little girls 5t ones. very confusing! lol And their shirts fit SMALL!! the size 4/5 is more like a 3x size. Just check out the stores size charts and do the measurments! Good luck!
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 12:37 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• my daughter out of her t's by 6 it all depends on how fast she's growing or not check out www.magickidsusa.com use discount code mk00262 and their's alot of namebrand clothes at wholesale prices no minimum required 50-70% below retail just check out you may love it my 12 year old does
    cynthiacy

Answer by cynthiacy at 6:17 PM on Oct. 19, 2009