14 weeks pregnant with severe tightening in my chest. What could it be? What should I do?

This started last night really bad and then kind of went away so I didn't call my Dr. I was sitting on the sofa doing nothing and all of the sudden my chest tightened up really bad. It was very painful. It was all the way across the top of my chest, not centered or on one side. It hurt worse if I breathed really deep or if I moved. I started to feel cold and kinda "clammy". I was about to say something and call my Dr, but then it stopped. Now today I feel short of breath. Have any of you had this problem? What was it?

pink72princess

Asked by pink72princess at 1:52 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • Sounds scary! Call your doctor ASAP. If you have a nurseline with your insurance, you can get some great information talking to the nurses about your symptoms.
    Glutenfreebaby

Answer by Glutenfreebaby at 2:05 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• this happened to me not too long ago too. i think it is just your uterus growin up in your chest or somethin idk. but it is still hard to breathe so maybe it is just stuff movin around. if you're scared, call your doctor that is what they are there for! good luck!
    EheartsZ07

Answer by EheartsZ07 at 2:39 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Give your doc a call. Whenever you get chest tightening like that and short of breath, you need to call. It may be nothing, but it could be something. Never know. Best to let the Doc decide.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 3:18 PM on Sep. 28, 2009