Is this paranoid?

I started talking to this guy that my friend set me up with, she's married to his brother, and we exchanged photos, email and texts, and talked on the phone. He lives about two hours away and decided he was going to come in this weekend, to see his parents and to meet me. Well, that was fine but I didn't know he was coming in and I already had plans with my daughter. I got to see him yesterday evening and everything was fine, he's a pretty nice guy, and we had hit it off, but today, nothing. No texts, which wasn't like him. I wonder if because I didn't kiss him or anything he's not going to talk to me anymore. I'm trying to be careful because my last relationship was a disaster. Am I being paranoid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• yes...how old are you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I'm 31, thanks for asking, like it matters? All I'm saying is that I didn't want to kiss him on the first date, but I guess some men expect that and maybe more? I rushed into things with my last one, right after a divorce, and I just wanted to take my time getting to know someone before I get physical with them. If that makes me sound young anon then I'm sorry, but that's the way I want to live my life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Ask your friends if they have talked too him, but it is a guy you know no matter how old they are they can be quite imature.....and as far as paranoid, maybe a bit, but the whole dating thing can make you paranoid these days...
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 2:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I personally think that you are smart by taking things slow. You do have a child and you do have an obligation to protect yourself for your well been and for your child's sake.

If you didn't feel comfortable doing anything else other than talking that is perfectly fine. If this guy decides to not call you, then it is his lost. You should never go against your gut feeling. The world is full of good and bad people, don't rush into anything, take your time and do what feels right when it feels right if it feels right. You will find teh rigth person but not by ignoring your own instincts.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 2:15 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• You did good. He will call or text when he can. If not, then it wasn't meant to be.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:22 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• yes, you are. let him chase you ;)
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 2:50 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Alot of guys get wrapped up in what they're doing- he's probably hanging out with family and friends. If he likes you, he will definitely call. There are some guys that purposely meet girls online to have some ass lined up when they want it. Be careful.
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 3:15 PM on Sep. 28, 2009