should i have a babyshower?

me and my DF just bought a new car bc we needed a 4 door when the baby gets here. we are going to be pretty much broke now by the time we pay bills and buy baby stuff. well we are gonna have to pay for the place to rent for the babyshower which is $60. i think we could just use that $60 and buy some baby stuff instead of wastin it on that place! bc there is no tellin what we may or may not get right? and who may or may not show up! what do u think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• why rent a place? use your own place its free. even if its a small apartment. you can still have fun, use the couch, put some nice pillows on the floor for guests to sit on if you dont have enough chairs. save money girl!. u need a babyshower if you need help getting baby stuff. if u need more pampers, have a pamper shower. send invitations with at least 5 things they should bring. they can pick. u will prob get more than 60$ worth of stuff anyways. and food wise get the cheap stuff. crackers and a block of cheddar cheese cut the cheese in small slices. u can make cookies.small things like that no biggie.
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 2:18 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• do not rent a place! come on now- restaraunts will give you large tables or you can do it at home or in a park
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:26 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Do it at the park and make it a small deal, just have appetizers and lemonade.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 3:06 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• its going to be cold when i have it, so i can't have it at the park, but that is a great idea!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• My good friend had her shower at Don Pablos restaurant and we all bought our own dinner. They got like two trays of appetizers for the guests, but everyone knew the budget they were on and we were there for them anyway, not food.
    You can always do it at your home or have a friend host it at their home if they'd be kind enough to if their place is bigger. No need to rent a space. Mine was at my cousins house. She just moved things out of the way, arranged the furniture in a large circle so everyone could see what was going on.
    And for snacks... cheese its, chex mix, peanuts, mints, sherbet soda(for some reason these are baby shower faves in our family.) lol
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 3:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I think it's extremely tacky to throw yourself a baby shower. And I didn't have a 4-door when I had my first baby, we had hubby's 2-door car and a small pickup that only had the front bench seat (jump seats in the back, not a place for a carseat!). 'Nuf said.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• well it may be tacky...but im not throwin myself one i jus have to pay for the place!!! some people just have to be so rude about the smallest things! and all we had was a truck that wouldn't hold a carseat so we HAD to get one thank you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I agree dont throw your self a shower thats like begging for stuff I didnt have one every week I bought something for the baby that I was going to need, when people come visit you they will bring you a gift anyway so I would save the 60.00 & buy diapers
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Sep. 28, 2009