8 month old Sleep Issues

My 8month old, can put himself to sleep at 7pm with no problems.. Goes down for naps great too... The problem is getting him to SLEEP ALL NIGHT!!! Some nights are great, up maybe 1 or 2 times, but some nights he is up between 5 and 6 times!!! I do not get him up when he wakes, I hand him his bottle and or binkie and he fine, and falls back alseep with no help... But I dont know how much longer I can do this! He can reach for his bottle and binkie, he just rather have me hand it to him. He is very clever and DOES NOT stop screaming untill I get up. He is in the Bedroom with us since we are living with in the inlaws while our house is being built... SO to let him cry it out SUCKS! lol... Any thoughts?

ashley_hatty

Asked by ashley_hatty at 2:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hmmmm it's hard to let them cry it out if he is in your room. I could not do that if my dd was in the room with us. Only way to get him to quit waking up is to quit giving him what he wants.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I agree,. Hard to let them learn to self sooth themselves back to sleep without letting them cry or giving them what they want. I read Healthy sleep habits, happy child and that has good advice - waking 5-6 times is not healthy for baby or family if it continues.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:42 PM on Sep. 28, 2009