Would it be wrong of me to dress my 2 year old son up as a girl for Halloween?

My hubby is saying absolutely not. We are going to a family Halloween party and I think it would be hysterical, it's a costume party after all.

Thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Absolutely NOT!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I don't think it would be a problem for your son, but it might give your husband a stroke! My 2 yo DS loves to put on his sister's dress up clothes (skirt, shoes, and purse) and walk around the house, and I can see it drives my husband crazy. I think he'd leave me and sue for full custody if I ever let him leave the house like that! Men!!!
    Anonymous

• I mean ABSOLUTELY NOT .. DO NOT DO THAT! IT IS WRONG!
    Anonymous

• I personally wouldn't because as my son get's older, pictures could be a source of humiliation beyond your intentions from friends and family members who like you think it is hilarious.

You are the mom, your job is to create "happy memories" dressing a child who can't make a decision on how to dress himself who depends on you with a miniature transgender custume is cruel in my opinion.

I don't think it is funny, I think it is inappropriate and cruel so I'll take your husband's dside on this one but hey to each their own.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 2:23 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• yes, it would be wrong, ya douche!
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 2:27 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• 2 is too young for a cross-dressing costume to be funny because at 2 they could just as easily look like a girl.

It's better to leave cross-dressing costumes for the older boys - the ones that have some facial hair and can make it obvious they're still really male.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 2:35 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I don't see anything wrong with it, but Im not a homophobe who thinks it is going to scar him for life or turn him gay. BUT I will say that you should take notice of the asinine comments made here and realize that you may have friends and family who are going to think you are abusing him by *Gasp* putting him in a girl costume for a couple of hours. It's not cruel or sick imo and no one would have an issue if it were a girl in a super hero or other boyish costume.
    sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 2:43 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• 2 is too young. However maybe when hes older. I dont think its "sick" and I understand you are doing it to be funny. Though it would be much funnier if you can persuade him to do it when he is older and is obviously male (ie facial hair) Who knows he may want to do it himself (many of my male friends have dressed up as a female cheerleader at least once in high school)

Plus he doesnt really get a say on it and I can understand how someone would say it is cruel or wrong. Just dont do it and wait until he is a crazy teen and may want to do it.
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 2:45 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I don't know it's wrong but personally, I wouldn't do it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• when in social gatherings sensitivity should be considered unless you are going for the shock value. Inappropriate (president masks, cross-dressing, revealing dress such as a lady of the night, or gruesome characters) costumes are like talk of politics and religion at a party. One shocking but fun costume for a 2 year old year old would be a biker dude. Tattoo sleeves can be found. A bandanna can be used as a cap ragged jeans and a fake leather jacket would finish it off.
    h3art2h0m3

Answer by h3art2h0m3 at 2:54 PM on Sep. 28, 2009