13 year old boys B day an a bit of a budget....

My sons 13th b day is coming up on the 10th and I am a little unsure on what to do as far as a party for him, I mean we will have a family BBQ with cake and so on but we wanna do something for him with a few friends....any thoughts would be great. We don't have a ton of money but you know something kinds nice for him, afterall he is my only child...lol....OMG so much easier when he was small ...lol

Korysmom96

Asked by Korysmom96 at 2:15 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Let him have a couple of friends spend the night. They will find plenty to do and you won't have to plan anything other than snacks.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 2:42 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• At that age kids like to be independent.
    Try giving him a pass for movies, itunes gift card (if he has an ipod), clothes, shoes, hats, wii games(if he has a wii), locker shelves and other locker decore.
    You should really try this site. It lets you choose the personallity and age group to shop for and suggest gifts ideas. you can order on the site or(like I did) write down the gifts and shop for them at target or wal-mart.
    www.gifts.com
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 2:24 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I brought Chipolte to school for him and his buddies during lunch... they loved it and it was a no fuss, low budget way of celebrating his birthday!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 2:29 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Keeping it simple can be lots of fun. I just took my boy with a group of 3 friends to a local farm. They got to milk a cow, catch a pig, find a pumpkin and ride a pony. A camp-out with these great colors could be a lot of fun even in the backyard. Having the tent all to themselves can be great fun for the young
    h3art2h0m3

Answer by h3art2h0m3 at 2:37 PM on Sep. 28, 2009