does anyone else feel lonely?

I am married, have been for 3 years... our son is 7 and a half months, and I am a SAHM... I moved here 4 years ago and have no family, and 2 friends, that both work full time. My days consist of cleaning and taking care of my son... I just feel so lonely and like I have no one to talk to or do anything with.. and I miss my family like crazy... anyone else feel that way? how do u cope and how do you put urself out there to meet friends? I have tried that meetup site, didnt really care for it too much....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes i am very lonely. My DH is active duty army and is deployed. I have no friends and my mom recently died. i'm a SAHM to two boys who grew in my heart but not in my belly.
    Yes i am lonely.
    I take one day at a time. I delight in talking to my IL's despite that they drive me crazy! lol I scrapbook and i chat here on CM
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:21 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Yes I know exactly what your'e going through, that's why I signed up on Cafemom. I get lonely still and my daughter is now 1, and me and hubby are seperated and I'm expecting baby #2.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I feel you too. Neither my DH or I live near our family and my DH works 2 jobs so he works about 80 hours a week and when he is off he's sleeping a lot, so I hardly ever see him. I am a SAHM with a 13 month old and want to go back to work, but can't find a job. I lost all my friends pretty much 'cause 1, I'm the only one who has a kid and 2, I can't afford to go out with them anyways. I've made some friends online that are SAHM's that have a baby around the same age, but like I said, we are struggling real bad financially right now, so I can't afford gas or anything to go hang out with them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• If you are breastfeeding you can make lifelong friends at La Leche League meetings. I think in general LLL was more making friends oriented 25 years ago when my kids were little but it depends on the group.

Look on Craigslist for moms groups. Other places to look are at the library, children's clothes resale shops, bookstores, or healthier or speciality food stores. Go to the park. Go to mom and baby exercise, yoga, or swim classes.

Go to the dog park. Get a dog if you don't have one so you can meet people if you don't have one. Get a dog that is already house trained and basic trained from a rescue group that has lived in a foster home with kids. Then you know what you are getting in a dog.

Mothering Magazine discussion boards has an area where you can arrange to meet up with other moms in your city.

I hope this helps. I'm 53 and having trouble meeting people in my new city because I don't have kids.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:33 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I often feel lonely, and I work full-time and live near family. It seems like everyone is too busy to do anything, and then when we do get together someone always has to leave for another engagement - it's very disappointing that we can't just enjoy a day together anymore. I feel very disconnected. I no this does not help you, but at least you know you aren't the only one who feels lonely.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• yes...i feel like the only people i have to talk to are my 3 y/o and 6.5 week old baby...my dh works & i'm a sham i can't find a job for anything, don't have any friends b/c the ones i had that do have kids would rather go to bars and crap & that's just not for me.. my mom lives close by but i don't want to go over there all the time b/c i have stuff to do at home but i do call her ALOT
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:46 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I have the same problem. I am a SAHM. My family is in another state, where we used to live but moved here for DH's job. There have been a few good things but this town is very small and has almost no choices from grocery shopping to places to live. I miss my family terribly. My only real socialization any more is online.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 2:51 PM on Sep. 28, 2009