My friend is 6 months pregnant and her water just broke and the baby is only 1lb 40z can it still live?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It can, but it will have a tough road ahead of it. They are in my prayers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• it could but not likely let us know sorry
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 2:29 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• its possible i am very sorry for your friend but everything happens for a reason
    MyPrincesses421

Answer by MyPrincesses421 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Yes, my son was just under 2 lbs at birth, and had him at six months. He had to be in hospital for the remaining 3 months to finish growth. The med. technology is great nowadays, God does still hear prayers. Said one for friend and baby.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 2:33 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• sorry I was typing and clicking so fast and did not mean to click on the anon button but she just called me and I am on my way but she is really upset right now. PLEASE PRAY. Thanks
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 2:34 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• aww! it is possible, just pray, pray, and pray! it happens all the time. i'll keep them in my prayers!
    EheartsZ07

Answer by EheartsZ07 at 2:35 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• yes things do happen 4 a reason i know that
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 2:38 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I don't know what you or she believes in but I know there are miracle babies out there. With such a small child, and been born so soon, the outcome could not be good, the odds are against. Even if the baby makes it it will be a difficult road. But as mother know we will do anything we can to help our children so keep hoping and keep the hope alive that whatever is best for this child is what will happen.

All I can say is that we are not doctors, we can only send good wishes in her way for the best possible outcome for the baby. Hugs
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 2:39 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I just don't understand, she went in to find out the sex of her baby and she texted me telling me it was a boy [what she wanted] and then she calls me crying! thanks everyone. I will update.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 2:43 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• My son is almost 5 and he had a few challenges being born at 6 months. But, he talks fine, is learning school things just fine. He is a determined boy, and was even from day one to be the strong fighter he is. Has to be the baby to be a strong fighter as well as med. technology for survival.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 2:43 PM on Sep. 28, 2009