MIL....problems uggh

Well i just recently got married in june and my husbands stepmother was invited to the wedding. quote that this lady acts like she doesnt like me. anyway at the wedding she did nothing but talk bad about me to other guests which made other ppl upset. for my bridal shower gift she gave me a braclet and earrings and i said Thanks for it a couple of days ago me and hubby went to visit and she tells him i never said thanks and her other sons gf wrote her a note thanking her for the necklace she gave her. Quote this also the set she gave me said she spent well over 600$ and she does have money after making 60$ anhour. anyways that same night she didnt speak to me in the same room except explain how the while time she wasnt welcome at the wedding and wasnt introduced at all which is a lie. she drinks alot also. but she is just a bitch sometimes, and i want a relationship with her she just drives me nuts. and she is telling me i shou

SweetiePieAfWf

Asked by SweetiePieAfWf at 2:45 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Continuing.. she is telling me i should join the army with my husband. since two checks are better than one. which ive actually been thinking about doing. But she is absoultely nuts. and evil towards me, everytime i go to visit she has to explain to me that she dont feel welcome at the wedding. and make me feel bad about EVERYTHING! and not to mention i paid for about 50$ of my wedding pictures just to give to her. and i walked upstairs she said dont come in her room bc her dog bits. like i havent been around that dog 100 times. whatever lol
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 2:48 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• MOVE!!!! Seriously you can't join the army if you have little kids, who would watch them her?? I feel for you I have a monster-in-law too! the only thing she was right about is you should have written her a thank you note, this is always proper to do for bridal showe and wedding gifts. I would just lay low and try not to engage with her, she will just try to make you look bad!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:51 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• She is the way she is and you aren't going to change her. If you didn't send her a thank you card you can send one now. She is probably old fashioned and expcts one even if it seems kind of silly.

To have a relationship you may have to do some things her way to humor her, like sending thank you notes. You may never be able to have the relationship you want. My son married an girl no one likes (even her family, he has rescue issues). I don't have daughters or a mother and would have loved having a best friend DIL. Now I just do my best so I don't piss her off so I get to see my son and grandson as much as possible.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:53 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I feel your pain. I wish I had advice but really the only thing I can suggest is to keep your distance as much as possible. You will likely not be able to please her no matter what you do. She has apparently no life of her own so she will keep rehashing this. What does your husband say?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• My first suggestion is to talk to her about it, however I recommend talking to her when you are calm and not worked up over all the junk in the relationship. Consider writing her a letter and tell her that you are sorry she did not hear you say Thank you for the jewelry, and that it was not your intention to make her feel left out on your wedding day, and that you just had so much going on that day that you were not really thinking of everyone. And believe me I understand that it is your day and you should not have to say these things...however she seems like she is just one of those women, and if you really want a relationship with her you are going to have to be the grown up. Take it slow, and try to go out of your way to be nice...I know it is hard but it may work. Like I said start with a letter, also explain that you would love a closer relationship with her, maybe something will stick with her. Hope all works out!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 2:57 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• my husband says just try to be nice. he knows i know how much of a bitch seh was when he was living there. the children did ALL the house work. she didnt allow us to talk on the phone. he had to hide in the closet just to call me when she found him she would YELL so frickn loud marc get off that f'n phone and go clean up the kitchen, bthroom, whatever she blurbs out lol
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 2:58 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Tell her what a mean, hatefull spitefull drunk she is. Ask her WHY she feels the need to rehash the wedding when all the other guests have a different story than her ONE version. Dosnt sound like you will ever get along with this MIL. Move away now while you still can, make your hubby put his foot down. Your adults and shouldnt be treated like kids or slaves.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:38 PM on Sep. 28, 2009