I am not vaccinating my youngest child hes 6 months old and has never been vaccinated. I am kinda nervous now about him not being vaccinated. How do I protect him against the things he needs to be vaccinated for?

What laws are there to protect me against non vaccinating? I am really nervous about the tetanus since hes getting to that age where he will start exploring more.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know what laws are on not vacinating, It is your decision on what you decide.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 2:50 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I am concered about the Vacc but I was Vacc Im fine so I let my Baby get her shots. I was told the law in my state which is NJ the child cannot start school or go to daycare w/out the vacc, ucan call the ur states dept of health for more info.
    Mrs2009

Answer by Mrs2009 at 2:59 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• you should look online at your states website! every state is different in regards to exemptions for vaccines. if you are strongly against vaccines but want to stick with natural/home remedies, i'm sure any health food store in your area carries reference books with herbs or home remedies for certain ailments. if he's getting into things, just keep an eye on him. dont go anti-bacterial soap crazy since it is known to kill good bacteria, but do wash his toys often (especially if other babies touch them). i always make sure I have an extra bundle of baby wipes in my car to wipe his hands and mouth if we go to the library, playdates, the playground or restaraunts
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:01 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Depends on the state you live in, but I would be terrifyed of ALL the ILLEGAL kids that go to public school from 3rd world countries infecting your child with something deadly because you chose not to vaccinate.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:31 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• If you are scared you should just vaccinate. Research the chances of negative effects from NOT vaccinating against negative effects FROM vaccinating...you might change your mind about skipping the vaccinations.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I have contemplated not vaccinating but my 6 month old is up to date. I agree with the last anon...the risks are worse if you do not. but I totally understand the fear of not vaccinating. I am more worried about the ones later on, not the first year....my son has tolerated his vaccines well so far so it makes me feel better about getting more. if your son is not out and about with other babies and children such as day care, its alot better, but if going to a day care i would reconsider vaccinating, as vbruno said.....you can never know for sure who is around your child that is carrying something from other places/countries.
    CurvyMommato1

Answer by CurvyMommato1 at 10:41 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• wait.. i dont get it.. how come you would not want to vaccinate your baby? i would be more afraid of not vaccinating my baby and then her getting something that puts her in the hospital BECAUSE i didnt vaccinate her and then something that could have been prevented wasnt because of me..
    i think id be more scared of NOT vaccinating them lol whats so scary about insuring your baby will be healthy?? i have heard of some moms crying when their babies get shots and cry and stuff.. i can see why they would cry its sad but its for there health!
    armymum1013

Answer by armymum1013 at 8:34 AM on Sep. 29, 2009