could this have been a miscarriage

A while back i was on my period.( it was a very painful one ).I went to the bathroom to wipe my self and notice this lil thing.it was red, with a head and a body and a tail and lil fingers and toes.the face had an outline with eyes and a nose and a mouth..kind of looked like a baby puppy in the face. i showed my boyfriend at the time and he said it was just a blood clot because i was on my period..looking back i can't stop thinking about it ..was it just a blood clot or could that have been a baby in the early stages of life ..please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• just a blood clot. if the baby was far enough alone to have all that you would have known it was a misscarriage and there would have been alot more blood.alot more painful and you would have had to of gone to the ER or Dr.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• That early, a fetus wouldn't have had all those details. Bloody tissue could be a miscarriage but it's best not to dwell on it too much. There is a reason for miscarriages as painful as they are to go through. You may have been spared a greater tragedy in a stillborn or severe malformation that could require numerous surgeries.
    Glutenfreebaby

Answer by Glutenfreebaby at 2:55 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• it wasn't that detailed it was more like buds( arms and legs)..i read that if your miscarrige is complete you wont need to go to the hospital ..nothing alil pain killers can't cure...i was just wondering i kno what bloodclots look like and that was definitly one of a kind i researced it and it look just like the embryos when that are 6 weeks it was just red ..there was alot of blood i though i was on my period
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I've had three miscarriages and I only went to the doctor with the second one. None of mine were discernible like that. They were bloody tissues about the size of a quarter.
    Glutenfreebaby

Answer by Glutenfreebaby at 3:24 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I think it is possible. When I miscarried, I did not have serious pain (maybe some mild cramping, but nothing bad). I didn't go to the ER or doc right away, but when I did go to the doc, he was able to confirm it. I never noticed anything like what you're describing, but that doesn't mean you couldn't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Sep. 28, 2009