I have pregnancy brain!!!! I just made a meatloaf and popped it in the oven.. I forgot the egg! How will that mess up my meatloaf?

hehe I walked back into the kitchen and saw the darn egg sitting on the counter... Grrr!

I have one more question for you guys... How do you keep the loaf from burning on the bottom? hehe even when I add all the proper ingredients all the extra juices seem to fry the bottom and burn it???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Put the pan on a cookie sheet, one of the insulated kind if you have one. Cook it at 325 degrees for a little longer instead of 350.

Without the egg it may not stay together as well. It shouldn't matter much.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:57 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• i d k
    the last time i made meatloaf i only put in the egg and not the crumbs.it turned into a meat glob.it was gross.needless to say we had pizza that night. i dont think it will hurt ti too much tho. but i d k.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 2:58 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I have never put an egg in my meatloaf, always stays together, as for burning on the bottom, I use a drip pan so the grease runs off into a different pan and it doesnt burn.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:00 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I have made meatloaf without egg before and it was a bit less compact, I guess that is what you would say. It didn't seem to stay together as much. I don't know what to tell you about the bottom burning. Never had that problem. Maybe the pan is weak on the bottom, the heat is too high?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:49 PM on Sep. 28, 2009