Unemployment while on unpaid maternity leave?

Someone told me today to file for it for when I go on maternity leave next month, so I did. Has anyone else done this? How did it go?

MommyKKay

Asked by MommyKKay at 2:59 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have always known it to be, that if your employer is securing your position for once you get back you do not qualify for unemployement, even if that means unpaid maternity leave. Now if your Dr. has requested you on an early maternity leave then you may or may not qualify. I had a friend who's job got cut while she was on unpaid maternity leave so she was able to collect backed up unemployement from the date her department was laid off
    Supervane

Answer by Supervane at 5:41 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• In California, it's not unemployment. It's disability. And trust me..disability is better than unemployment here because the benefit is higher.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:01 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• You qualify for alot when you are on maternity leave. Don't forget WIC!
    Evelyn
    http://www.evelyn1.fourpointmoms.com
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 6:05 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• HI,
    I'm happily engaged and we are about to buy our first home. We live in a small town where it is really hard to find a decent job, so I've been searching for a way to work at home. I recently found a home-based opportunity with no large investments and no risk! I work in the comfort of my own home with an international, 24 year old, Inc 500 company. All I do is set up customer accounts and do some online marketing. I work around my own schedule, with a group of amazing team members. I never even have to leave my own home to be successful!

If this is something you'd be interested in, please visit my website.

www.workathomeunited.com/lynsey

I think that once you hear more information about the company, you'll love it just as much as I do!

I hope to hear from you soon :)
    lynsey7

Answer by lynsey7 at 9:13 PM on Sep. 28, 2009