Do you agree with Poland's new law of chemical castration for pedophiles?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_castration

Poland on Friday approved a law making chemical castration mandatory for pedophiles in some cases.
Under the law, pedophiles convicted of raping children under the age of 15 years or a close relative would have to undergo chemical therapy...
"The purpose of this action is to improve the mental health of the convict, to lower his libido and thereby to reduce the risk of another crime being committed by the same person," the government said.

Personally, I think action like this is way overdue worldwide. It's disgusting that most of the "civilized" nations of the world turn such a blind eye to the issue of child molestation and non-concentual incest. Pedophiles often get off with very lenient sentences, most with only little to no jail time, and a lot are repeat offenders. I commend Poland on addressing this issue, and only hope other countries will learn from their example.

MetalMama666

Asked by MetalMama666 at 3:16 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree completely. From what I understand, these people spend their whole life wanting to do things with children.
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 3:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• While it may sound good in theory, in reality, a pedophile will find other "methods" to abuse and molest their victims. Pedophilia cannot be cured. Execution is the only sure fire way to stop the problem.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• i think that they should have their balls cut off with a rusty knife
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• As a child sex abuse survivor I say GO POLAND!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Im with lorikeet..it wouldnt cure them anyway just put a bullet in their heads and be done.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:22 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I find it too lax a punishment, but a very good start!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I think it should be done. Pedophiles are the worse than the worse piece of scum in my opinion and they deserve harder punishments
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 3:26 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Castration? Heck if it was up to me, I say first strike give them a very slow and painful death. Resuscitate them and give them some more torture make them beg for death. I am against death penalty and specially torture but in some cases I swear I just feel that death doesn't quite do justice like this guy who abducted the 11 year old girl and kept her for 18 years fathered her 2 children, having her living and the kids in horrid condition on his backyard. Cases like that I say the slowly the better.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 3:27 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I think they ought to brand on their forehead too.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Oh, yes, by no means will a ruling such as this eradicate pedophilia or complete prevent these crimes from occuring. But anonymous has it right: it's a good start, which means stricter punishments will definitely be coming in the future.

But, in my opinion, as long as there are bleeding hearts out there I don't think physical castration or execution will ever be accepted, though I would support a law like that 100%!!!
    MetalMama666

Answer by MetalMama666 at 3:30 PM on Sep. 28, 2009