Teacher sending bad vibes......

My daughter just got moved to a new class(preschool) Now the class has two teachers, the one I really like she always says hello to me and tells me about my daughter, and what how she's doing. the other teacher I get bad vibes from. A few weeks back the class made a sign for the garden and each got to paint an insect on the sign with their names next to it. well my daughter happens to love ladybugs and the teacher asked my daughter what she wanted and named one just as an example. well my daughter is really shy and would have went for whatever she said, so I simply said "oh you could be a ladybug." my daughter loved the idea and said that was what she wanted. the teacher says to my daughter"are you sure thats what you want or are you just saying that cuz mom said it?" I felt that was rude. but today when I dropped my daughter off and she walks back into the classroom and says to me"Your still here!" I was there for 5-10 mins.

Savymom25

Asked by Savymom25 at 3:43 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i would just ignore her. and seriously ignore..like when she says somehting to you act like you didnt even here her..or say something smart back. idk thats just me tho..lol and yes she was being rude.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 3:47 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I'd pull her aside on the spot and have a chat. I had to do this with our rude preschool teacher. I really rattled her. In our case, she is older and tired of being director and didn't realize what a snot she was being to parents. I'd explain EXACTLY has you have done in this forum, to that teacher and tell her you are feeling it's abrasive. Explain your daughter is shy and you knew she wouldn't speak up for herself. Then tell her it's awkward when she says things like, "Did you say it cause your Mom is here?" And then call her out on the "You're still here!" comment. Tell her that if she desires you to depart quickly to not be disruptive, then she can simply ask.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:50 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Lastly, I meant to say if you don't nip this in the bud, it will go on all year. She needs to know you won't be pushed around.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:51 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Let the daycare know how you feel about her or the other teacher and that you would perfer that she has nothing to do with your daughter.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 3:53 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I normally leave rather fast as I have to get to work, but there were maybe 3 or 4 kids in the class and they were watching a movie. So I was talking to the teacher I get along with for really about 5 minutes and wasn't bothering anyone. But you are right I do need to say something to her and sadly my daughter gets her shyness from me : ) I am not as bad as I used to be but I hate talking to someone about that stuff. I will though. and thanks.
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 3:53 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I used to work at a daycare and this is one of the things that bugged me about my coworkers! I always thought it was GREAT when I parent stayed for a little while and I would tell them about their child. The other girl that was in my room with me was like this to the parents. (well she would have made the same comment about are you just saying that cuz mom said it)
    mymymama

Answer by mymymama at 3:54 PM on Sep. 28, 2009