What made you want to do it or not do it again?

I have a question for the people who have gotten married a 2nd, 3rd and maybe even 4th time. What made you want to do it again even though your marriage before has failed? I was never married, but, my boyfriend was. We have been together 4 years and we have a 9 month old son together. He was married before to a woman who betrayed him and who will not allow him to see their 9 year old daughter. He isn't abusive or anything, his ex is just that much of a bitch. From what he has told me that relationship was doomed from the start. He and I we have different interests but we are supportive of those interests. We ac t married in every way except legally. To some it's just a piece of paper to me it's everything. What are your stories?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• I am doing it again....for the second time..
    My fiance and I were both once married to the wrong people...

Plenty of people get married for the wrong reasons, time passes and you grow...

What made me want to get married again was I final met my soulmate..

As for you BF and his 9 year old daughter...he has ever right to see his child...maybe you should look into that..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:54 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• You know what I'm married this is my first marriage and it's not going great. Some unexpected things that I call fate has occured and now we are looking at divorce. I married for love and I thought he was the right one, but turns out I'm victim of circumstance and his past has come back to haunt him and I'm being affected by it. I hope to one day marry in the future a better guy and one who would love to be a father to my girls, but I don't want to be married more than twice, I will wait and date the guy for a long time to make sure he's legit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• i was not in love w/ my first. I got married because it thought it was the right thing to do, since we had a child and all. I figured trying was worth it for my child. But i found out that we don't click right. I was horribly depressed & not able to be the best mother i can be. So, i left. my life made a complete turn around. I am actually happy. I'm not married yet, but we will be getting married in May. He has not been married yet though, i am his first. I had my first wedding at the court house & i was wearing a ghetto t-shirt & jeans. This time, i will be a beautiful bride!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:23 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I have an added question....Do you think it's different for girls then it is for guys when it comes to getting remarried....it's almost like pulling teeth the first time around lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• i've been married before and my SO hasn't. we plan to get married very soon. My first husband pulled a gun on me and burnt my house down. True. And i still want to get remarried. here is why:

a marriage makes you a corporation essentially. The purpose of a corporation is to protect its products-- in this case, children. The children have easier access to resources such as insurance, permissions, legal claims, etc when the parents are married. it's strange that the government gets all in your business based on whom you have sex with, but that's how it is.

Seems un-romantic, huh? My SO wants to get married bc he wants a big celebration and to show off his hot pregnant wife. He's a show off. Some men like that sort of thing.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:39 PM on Sep. 28, 2009