New to US - need to find a doctor - trying for pregnancy - will be unisured for part of the pregnancy and then insured after the fiance returns home from Afghanistan. Please give some advice on what I ask regarding fees,etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I recommend finding a Certified Nurse Midwife. CNMs can do basic health care for women as well as caring for you during pregnancy. You may be able to find one that charges based on income. Go to google to find a CNM.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:52 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Thank you. I am from Canada and although our system has its own issues, I am not at all experienced with paying to see a doctor. I should clarify that I am in the US legally and am not here to be a drain on the system - just simply inexperienced about asking about doctor's fees.
    rodscanadian

Answer by rodscanadian at 6:53 PM on Sep. 28, 2009