spoiling my baby?

ok my dd is 5 months now nd she has this huge cyn problem. she cries ALOT! always wants to b held and will not stand this foriegn substance tht im puttn in her mouth called BANANA. its really startn to mak me thnk tht she's super spoiled but wat can i do to get her to stop cryn so much??
HELP ME!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You CANNOT spoil any baby under a year old! you just can't.
    Try buying a sling or a baby carrier. You'll hands will be free, but she will still be close to your body.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:53 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• She's not spoiled. That's called "being a baby."

Step one for fixing this? Pick her up! Saying that you spoil a baby by picking them up is like saying you spoil your husband by kissing him...ever. NOT POSSIBLE!

Step two? Back off the banana for a bit. She's not interested yet. Give it a few days and then try again.

She's completely normal!

Answer by gdiamante at 3:55 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• She isn't ready for solids or doesn't like bananas. You don't have to start solids until 6 months or even later if breastfed. A good site for starting solids is www.kellymom.com

I second the sling idea.

Some babies cry a lot. My grandson magically stopped crying when he started walking at 9 months.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:56 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• i do hav a wrap tht sh used to lov being in wen she was younger but now she hates it. shuld i do wat som ppl say nd let her cry it out? is tht harmful?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Agreed- you can't spoil a baby and maybe she doesn't want the banana? My son choked and spit up everything I tried to give him til 9 months so he was mainly on bottles til then. I have a cry a lot child. I KNOW it gets tough. he will be 2 in Nov and he's still a whine bucket! some kids are just hard. I know that doesn't help but I'm here if you need to vent. I know it gets hard to hear.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:01 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• "huld i do wat som ppl say nd let her cry it out? is tht harmful? "

No to the first. The second is a matter of debate. There's a Harvard study on CIO that would turn your hair gray; the researchers found serious harm.

I see no REASON to let her cry. Personally, I think leaving a baby to cry is just telling them that they cannot trust you.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:06 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I am so tired of seeing this posted. Sorry you CAN NOT spoil a baby.

You carried your baby inside you for 9 months you are all they know... the feel,smell,movement of your body is soothing. Hold your baby!!!

Sounds like the baby is not ready for solids or doesn't like bananas

Why do we give birth to this baby we couldn't wait to see. Then all of a sudden we don't want to hold them and want to let them cry and bitch and complain about it??

abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 4:28 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• My dd, is 5 months as well, she loves being held, but she can sleep fine in her crib, likes to play on her play mat, mostly she knows if something is wrong we will ALWAYS GET her right away. She is very confident, mostly because we carry her, and hold her and cuddle and play with her.

She also HATES bananas. Loves sweet potatoes hates bananas. They are going to have preferences. Do you love every food you try?
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 4:36 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• She's not spoiled, she's a typical baby. Remember, crying is her only way of communicating. As for the bananas, she's either not ready (if this is the first thing you've offered) or doesn't like them (if she's taken other solids with no problem)
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:09 PM on Sep. 28, 2009