born gay?

okay for those who think so.. you know how little kids call each other boyfriend/ girlfriend? well my dd calls her pawpaw her boyfriend (she's 3) if she were born gay would she call her mawmaw her girlfriend? i don't think that it makes sense "born gay" i personally think you choose who you want to be with, man or woman.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• It goes back to choice, I don't think people are born homosexual or lesbian. There are going to be others who disagree with me, and am okay with that. That is what I believe.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 3:58 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• feel better?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I disagree. I think it's in the genes. I don't think you choose it at all. Why would anyone choose it. It's such a rough life.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:58 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I don't know my daughter says she hates boys and loves girls. She told me yesterday she was going to marry a woman. I am married to a man and am not gay at all, so how does she know this! she is 3 almost 4. Could mean nothing at all but then again it could mean something huge. I will just have to wait and find out.
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 3:59 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Every gay person I know said they knew they were gay from when they were little. I don't think that a 3 year old calling their opposite sex parent defines their sexuality later on. The gay guys that I've been friends with said that if they could be straight they would be because life is much easier. They are who they are and can't change their desire.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 3:59 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I don't think you can paint this whole picture black and white. I do have 2 bi friends who can go either way, and yes, that is a choice. I also have a gay guy friend who is repulsed by females and could never bring himself to even try it. I 100% believe that he was born that way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Kids don't really understand any of that. You're reading far too much into what your child is saying. **smile**

Yes, they are BORN that way. They will refer to boyfriend/girlfriend" because that's the socialization, but sexual preference isn't known this early.

Think about it. When you were three you probably thought all boys were gross with cooties. Most three year old boys think girls are pretty disgusting too. Does that mean they're all gay?

Not at all! Just means they're working within a social structure that they "get."

Answer by gdiamante at 4:02 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• OP here -- i'm not trying to bash i'm jsut curious how the "born gay" thing works, i don't understand it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• So really what difference does it make if you are born or if you choose to be one? The bottom line is that every individual is entitled to the pursue of happiness however they define it to be. If it makes them happy to be with a same sex person, who are we to tell them otherwise? Nature nurture, who cares.? It is their lives, it is their choice or it should be in my opinion.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 4:03 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I don't think any 3 year-old understands what it really means to have a boyfriend or girlfriend. They most likely see it as a term of affection to someone who is not their parent or sibling.

Silly question!
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:04 PM on Sep. 28, 2009