What religion denomination are Duggars?

Does anyone know what denomination the Duggars are?

ave.maria.

Asked by ave.maria. at 3:59 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• here is what I found!

They are Independent Baptists. They watch TV but not a lot, and they do have a computer. I know this because they have said so themselves. I do not know for sure if they are Quiverfull, the reason, (according to them) that they want as many children as God allows is because they were using birth control in the beginning and miscarried their first child. They also follow the teachings of Bill Gothard, which is where they get the beliefs of women wearing dresses and having long hair and no dancing. Josh and Anna were married in a Baptist church.

I thought they are Baptist. They are just a little old fashioned in their traditions!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:30 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I believe they are Mormon.
    sweetiowamommy

Answer by sweetiowamommy at 4:05 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• wait how are they white trash. they have means of money and seem to be doing well. have you seen the house of theres??white trash dont live like that. i know its creepy AND werid to us that they have 18 plus one on the way. but thats there way of life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I agree. They are a wonderful family and the nicest people I have ever seen. And just because they're way of life is different from your doesn't make them white trash or anything else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I agree, I think they are very "different" but white trash def isnt what i would call them. To me, white trash is dirty, lots of alcohol, a cig hangin out of their mouth while cussin at the kids to get back to their side of the trailer park.
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 4:12 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• i think they're horny lol not trashy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• they follow Quiverful. Somehow they consider it a protestant teachings but was actually started by a white supremist leader. A woman is subserviant to their spouses, do not practice formal birthcontrol., dress nontraditional, weird freaks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• a non-denominational, evangelical organization that exists to intelligently present and compassionately defend the Gospel of Jesus Christ, especially to those who consciously reject it due to false beliefs, and to challenge and equip believing Christians to do the same."

founded by a man named Bill Gothard and he is considered by mainstream religions as a cult. It's Quiverfull.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 4:51 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Why would you speak so badly about a family with values, and whom obviously are making it. What is it to anyone if they want to have so many kids, that's their choice. I don't see them asking anyone for anything. I think people just can't stand seeing someone with an impeccable reputation, because they are so unhappy with themselves they have to go and trash talk! White Trash..you must be seriously ignorant! Funny that you would criticize this family, I think they are a great example of great parenting skills and values. Their well behaved children prove that they are great parents. So whatever their belief..it's obviously working for them. Why is it weird..because you don't see them acting like JOn and Kate. Being lousy celebrity wannabe's before being the good parents they started as. I think you only go on here to criticize because there is obviously no other way to build yourself up!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Actually if you look it up "main stream" regligions consider it a cult. And yes Quiverfull is a formal religion so before you think it's hilarious look it up. It's next to scientology in the thought of a cult. Honestly I think having 19 kids is extreme but I really could careless. Do I need to build myself up over them..hardly.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:44 PM on Sep. 28, 2009