I am wondering how early in the pregnancy can you feel movement?

I am only about 5 weeks along, but I feel little movements in my abdominal area, is it my imagination or is it really movement??

qustnmrk28

Asked by qustnmrk28 at 3:59 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I could be wrong but for first timers I think its 15 weeks.
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 4:00 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• It's gas, or if it's not your first, it's phantom kicks. It's highly unusual to feel anything before 14 weeks. I thought I was feeling one of mine (3rd) at 10 weeks and I was told there was no way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• at about 17weeks is when you can feel the first kicks. Give or take a few weeks.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 4:54 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I have felt my last two at 12 weeks, but at 5 weeks it is probably just gas.
    Tarabon

Answer by Tarabon at 5:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Most of the time it is between 18 and 22 weeks when a mother feels the first signs of movement called quickening. Sometimes, it can be felt as early as 14 weeks and as late as 26 weeks.
    SAndrews

Answer by SAndrews at 5:22 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Its def not the baby at this stage! Probably gas. You will not feel the baby until 15wks (at the earliest) I am on my 4th and I didnt feel this one until almost 17wks. You will know when it is the real thing!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 5:40 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• at only 5 weeks pregnant your baby is only 4mm (about the size of two pin heads) so you could not possibly feel it. I felt all 3 of mine at 12 weeks
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:03 PM on Sep. 28, 2009