how to fix laptop keys?

ok so something has happened to my husbands laptop and one fo the keys has fallen off. hes really p'd about it. is there a way i can fix it,glue or something.buy a new one?take it to a shop?
is it costly?
help is greatly needed.
thank you

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 4:03 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• You should be able to just pop it back in easily, unless it's broken. I pop keys off all the time. I just put them back where they belong and press down on my HP.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:04 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• no the key is gone.like the little rubber piece on the back is missing and its just the plastic key.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 4:07 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• They are inexpensive to buy new. You could even upgrade to a cordless.

If money is tight thrift stores have them.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:08 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I know you can order a whole new key board pad...hubby got one for our laptop...it was a dell and we paid under $20 including shipping. I think he got it off ebay...but I am not sure. Should be able to buy one. You will need to search and do your homework.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:24 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Why is he so angry? Things happen. This is a 5 cent problem there is no reason to spend anymore then that amount of anger on it.

You've gotten some good suggestions.

I used to be married to someone who always spent a fortune in anger on such small problems. Thankfully he's no longer my problem.
    QuillingDiva

Answer by QuillingDiva at 9:08 AM on Oct. 1, 2009