my beligerant daughter...

i always new she was kind of uppity,but i love her very much..i also know how she treats other people.not very nice sometimes.well she is doing this to me.starting to tell me what is wrong with me.i better get my act together.im bringing on my problems myself.she is not being nice about it.i dont know what to do.i know her husband doesnt like me.she is starting to act like her mil who she works with ..very open not afraid to say anything to anyone.this makes me sad i dont know what to do if anything...

nana77500

Asked by nana77500 at 4:03 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• Write her a letter, & peacfully tell her how her words & the way she is coming off to you is hurting your feelings. You have to tell her, she'll either get mad & get over it, or say she is sorry. Don't say anything that might hurt her feelings though, you don't want to piss her off. That wont help the situation.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:12 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• :( How horrible, sounds like she needs to get over herself and I'd let her know it, you are still a parent and her mother till the day you die and she will show respect as long as you're not doing something wrong by her or hurting her, and I'd let her know now that she's married it doesn't give her the right to treat you like crap and rub her MIL all in your face and act like her for brownie points! I'd keep my distance too and enjoy my life and keep things with her to a minimum until she can respect you.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 4:15 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• i wrote her a letter ...didnt go over well.she wrote what she wanted to write not what i was trying to say to her...and then she cc: it to my husband..ok mind you i am 50 and my husband is 55.i think we deserve a little respect..i didnt say that to her though....im hurt...
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 4:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Your daughter is an adult now and has to learn and take responsability for how she acts. If she's offensive and nasty, people aren't going to want to be around her. How she wants to be recieved is something she'll need to figure out for herself.
    As a mom all you can do is love her, if she's acting out of line in your home you can tell her to curb it or leave. My MIL tells my husband to watch his mouth atleast once per visit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• omg we have the same daughter! I call her Crewilla Deville. She goes months without speaking to me and she thinks she is punishing me but to me it is nice not to hear her complain. Everything I do is wrong. Everything I've ever done is wrong. LOL That's funny bc she's not as perfect as she thinks she is. We all do our best at the time we make decisions. I tell her I'm not changing for her or anyone so deal with it or walk away. She usually walks away until she needs me for something then she comes back. She always comes with something that needs to be fixed. I do and we start all over again until she gets grumpy again. Kids.Even when they grow up they can be a pain!

Answer by admckenzie at 5:42 PM on Sep. 28, 2009