Is it a cultural thing?

I've noticed that a lot of the people I know and live around that speak Spanish (not sure exactly where any of them are from) are actually kind of rude and attitudinal in general about everything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I agree, I dont know any rude spanish people either. Maybe its your neighborhood or wherever you're hangin out.
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 4:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Careful, there are many people on CM who don't understand the desire to understand another culture and will call you a racist just for asking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I know ALOT of Hispanics. As a matter of fact I am Hispanic. And all of them me included are nice to EVERYONE including total strangers lol. So I'm gonna have to say no its not Cultural.
    sweetiowamommy

Answer by sweetiowamommy at 4:07 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I've noticed the exact opposite...the most mannered and friendly people I've known were Spanish speakers!

Rude comes in all colors and languages.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:07 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Honestly, I have never met anyone that spoke spanish... So, I don't know as far as they are concerned. But nasty people come in all forms!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• the hipanic ppl here are nice but the blacks are rude if you go downtown where whie ppl are the minority the blacks will walk right toward you and expect you to move out of their way, it's like they think we own them something .. just b/c my pawpaw had slaves dosen't make ME a racist
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• OP: LOL. So I guess I have annoying neighbors neighbors that just happen to speak spanish. Thank you all! So I guess my next question would be, what do you do about annoying neighbors?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I know lots of hispanic people, and some are rude and some are nice. It's hard to make generalizations about a specific group of people, you know?
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 4:21 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I am actually not sure. It could be THAT community's culture. But in general? not that I have noticed. i HAVE noticed in my area the Hispanic men are lecherous and always are staring at ALL the women in very discomfiting ways. But I have never noticed it elsewhere.
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 7:02 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• The Spanish speaking people in our neighborhood aren't rude, they just ignore us and stay to themselves. They also refuse to speak English and clean their yards.
    I am not speaking about Spanish speaking people in general - just the ones in our neighborhood.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:02 PM on Sep. 28, 2009