They served, now they wait

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/28/veterans-waiting-federal-aid-help-pay-college/

How is this fair to the men and women who put their lives on the line for our country?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• it isnt.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:13 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Since when have our military EVER been treated fairly?

This goes along with everything else: They get doctors who screw up gall bladder removals and wind up amputating legs; they get such poor pay that their families are forced to apply for public assistance; after discharge they are forced to fight for medical treatment for conditions caused by their service. (Check THIS our: http://www.salem-news.com/articles/september262009/lejeune_breast_cancer_9-26-09.php)

There's nothing fair about it.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Our government just like with that 'cash for clunkers' program..and many other examples..but yet again I will state it! Some want to hand them our healthcare!
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:15 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Thank you. I have been looking for this story. My husband is one of those who has been forgotten.
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 4:16 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Let's see..... MORE people used this program than they accounted for... hrmmmm, where else has this happened? CASH FOR CLUNKERS?  Where else might this happen?  Ohh yea, government intervening in US health care.  YIKES!

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:17 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

And yet you want them to run our healthcare????????
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:29 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• It's so sad. And unfair.

And a perfect example of why they shouldn't be involved in healthcare.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:29 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• You know what this has been happening for years, this is not a new problem. The post 9/11 GI Bill was put in place by the previous administration, without any thought to the future of it. Also, you better watch what you say about actual military medical treatment at a MTF, by military medical personnel. They are some of the best trained medical personnel in the country and it is a shame what happens to them after they get out of the service themselves.
    lori232

Answer by lori232 at 4:31 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Well ladies dont you know that SUDDENLY our government is going to just instantaniously become very effective and effcient once we give them our healthcare ..Obozo will wave his wand dont worry and it will be GREAT! Top of the line care and free for us all!

Im sorry ladies who are all for giving them our healthcare but come on how much more do you have to know to see it will be a dumb move?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:48 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Sorry Lori but our health care is 100 times better now than what it was when my husband was in the military. I do not have to wait for 5 hours to be seen, our doctors actually take their time and are more thorough. I do not need to watch what I say, I have lived it and so has my husband. I have spent a better part of this year battling the VA on my husband's behalf. I work in the same field (disabilities) and have many partners who work for the VA and I find that the system is so beyond broken. There is no rhyme or reason to anything that they do. The post 911 GI Bill is just another good idea that did not have the supports in place to make it run properly. We live in a military community. My husband attends college, most of his classmates are military. Only one person from his University has actually received their benefits.

FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 4:49 PM on Sep. 28, 2009