My baby has a fever

My one year old baby has a fever of 103.3 but has no other symptoms what could it be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• teething?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Not with a fever that high
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• It's probably just a virus but it never hurts to call your pediatrician.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 4:23 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• well mine always got fevers that high and the doctor finally called them allergy fevers cause they would draw blood and urine and test the crap out of it and could never find anything. THat being said 103 is usually a virus and your pedi needs to atleast be notified. Also sometimes it takes a couple days for the symptoms to show always did with my little girl. Even now when she gets high fever I just wait about 2 days to what the syptoms are cause it takes her that long to show any.
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 4:36 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Put the baby in a tepid bath NOT cold water but NOT hot either. You need to BRING THAT FEVER DOWN Momma! Give tylenol and call the Dr as well!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• mostly likely an ear infection my dd goet relaly hig fevers with them for the pass 3 days he has bben running a fver form 101-103, due tylenol and motrin evry 6 hrs, dont wory relax. is he still playing around acting normal? if so call the doct tomorrow and make an app. ear infections seem to be a major fatcor on fevers with no other symptoms
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:53 PM on Sep. 28, 2009