Do you think I'm over reacting???

Hi, everyone I know I haven't wrote in sometime.. but I have a quick question! This is about my husband.. Ok
Iwent to my grandfathers wake yesterday, and that took about 3 hours.. I told my husband before hand that I was going to the funeral the following day at 10 in the morning. I also asked him if he wanted to go if we found a babysitter! He said, YES" Ok not the night of the wake I called home where my husband was at and asked him if he could watch the kids cause I don't have a babysitter! He told me NO and he was tired of watching the kids.. he had things to do. I was pissed off cause I missed my granfathers funeral all because my husband was acting like a butt hole! I cried and cried because I had just got re-united with my family and my uncle and aunt and my grandparents are the only ones alive. But by my husband acting like this makes me feel like I have to leave him! There is more to this story but I'm fed up cont.

Linsigirl26

Asked by Linsigirl26 at 4:20 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• Leave him, even if only for a couple days. You need a break and he needs to realize what he can lose. Men seem to think when women watch the kids it's "parenting" and "doing our jobs". But when they do it, it is "babysitting". It annoys the crap out of me. They need to understand, it's their children too.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 4:38 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I wouldn't had missed it for anything and I'd taken the kids with me, sounds like your hubby isn't respectful and doesn't really care about you or his kids. I have a 1 year old and we just went to my great grandfather's funeral a couple of weeks ago, there were alot of kids there.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 4:23 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• cont. I cook clean I do practiclly everything in the house.. I know i merried a man who has a disability but he makes me feel like I'm his maid. I married him because I love him, not to do everything for him and he does nothing for me! what should I do?????
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 4:23 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I wasn't allowed to bring the kids... he was a vet and their was gun shotts!
    Linsigirl26

• My grandfather was in WWII and they shot the guns but not around us, that doesn't make any sense. You guys need counseling and he sounds like he's taking advantage of you in everyway that he can, what do you want out of your relationship and what do you expect from him for you and your kids, do you think your'e gonna get it if not then move on.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 4:27 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Leave his selfish ass!! What if it were him missing his relatives funeral...then whaT!?!?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I just want him to treat me like a wife... I have been stressed out and sick for the passed week and all day long i have to play his stupid numbers and cook his food. But if I ask him to watch the kids for an hour he is a dick about it! I do need counciling but will he go?????NO HE WON'T
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 4:32 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• HIS FAMILY IS IN VA.. HE MISSED ONLY ONE!
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 4:33 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• He is a dad, there is no getting tired of "watching the kids." I hate it when people use the term "Is their dad babysitting?" No, their dad is taking care of his kids like he is supposed to!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• You could have taken the kids with you. Even with the "gun shots". They fire blanks (fake rounds) and there would have been no danger to the kids.
    How often does he have the kids? If he's disabled and you work (which is what I gathered from your posts) meaning the kids are with him most of the time, I can see where he's coming from.
    If you feel you need counseling, then go...dont wait on him. Go on your own.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 4:48 PM on Sep. 28, 2009