wasted 21st birthday.....ANGRY!

So im actually disapointed and angry. My SO and I are usually struggling when b-days or holidays come around, however, i have ALWAYS managed to atleast get him a card and write in it and tell him how much i love and appreciate him. He is the type of guy that likes those things and keeps them. He is usually pretty thoughtful. Well my b-day was Tuesday, we didnt do anything because he said we would celebrate this weekend. Kinda hurt, but okay fine. We dropped my son off at grandmas Saturday Morning, and i realized quickly he had ZERO plans. We ended up goin to VA beach, and i had to make ALLLL the arrangements. We had Money this time...and i didnt get so much as a card, extra kiss or back rub, a mixed cd...NOTHING. I am sooo hurt and not to mention pissed....GRRR...21st birthday spent EXTREMELY UNMEMORABLE!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm so sorry. Don't count on him again. Make the plans and tell him what you are doing. Buy flowers, balloons, buy or bake a cake, have a party, whatever you want.

The best way is if you had a husband that was great at doing up birthdays. How many of those are there? 25% 10% So, do it yourself and you get what you want. Get your own present. If you want something big put aside $10 a week and you will have over $500! You could go away for a weekend!

Don't blame him. He's a man and he has that defective y gene. If you look at a picture of a y gene it is a broken x gene. An arm is missing. On that arm there can be a lot of important stuff like how to make sure your wife has a great 21st birthday.

Men can be trained. Some mothers do it. Usually it's easier and more reliable to do things yourself.

Happy 21st!
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:30 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I would had made plans and not waited on him to do it for me, that's your day you should had done what it is that you really wanted to do and he could enjoy the ride. Make plans to celebrate this weekend!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 4:25 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I would tell him.  I wouldn't have an arguement about it but I would tell him how I feel and what I would have liked him to do for my birthday, even if it's just for future reference.

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 4:29 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Well, it is all about you. It won't get any better with time. He has shown his true colors, do you want to spent the rest of your life wishing he would do x, y and z? Or are you going to teach him how you want and deserved to be treated?

Talk with him, tell him that your feelings are hurt because you are the kind of girl who enjoys __ fill in the blank. Give him some ideas and ask him to this coming weekend surprise you if he doesn't do it and it is not a monetary thing, then it shows you how little he really cares. Give him one chance and one chance only to vindicate himself. Let's hope he is smart to take it.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 4:31 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• My 30th sucked too. I was 9 months prego and found a naked girl pic on his cell phone! I was hoping the big 3-0 was going to be something to remember. It was for him! I thru my glass of sweet tea in his face and left the house! LOL
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 4:53 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• oh- Happy birthday! Stick with good girlfriends to do something fun with. Men are so not creative.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 4:54 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• 21 is a big b-day and im sorry it sucked! if he told you that y'all would celebrate that weekend instead of your actual birth date than he should have had some sorta plan.

men...why do we pair up w/ them again? next year, i would make sure he knows you expect something...even if it is just a card...to show that he had a little forethought about your birthday. you know how we have to tell men everything w/ very simple words or else they dont get it.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:38 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Happy Birthday!
    Tell him he owes you a dinner at a place that has margaritas!
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 6:10 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I had the same problem this last year. My bday is may 11th, i got nothing...nothing. Then mothers day rolled along 2 days after and guess what i got...nothing. He does show he appreciates me in other ways, but cumon? If we dont have money Ill make sure to make a card for him and have my son make one too. and post a banner on the door so he can see it when we get home. Ill even do it with no special occasion. Dont ya think that would teach him how to do things? NO. ugh...men. Sorry...
    brikay1

Answer by brikay1 at 7:05 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I would have been ticked off, too!
    My husband thought it would be fun for us to celebrate our anniversary this year by taking a room at the Great Wolf Lodge, which sounds awesome, but he also told our 2 teens that they could invite 2 friends each and they can all stay in another room.
    I added the costs of gas, food, and the rooms plus tax and it comes close to $2,000 for only 2 nights! He then told me he wants us to eat at one of the taverns in Colonial Williamsburg on our anniversary and the thought of leaving 6 teens alone in a hotel scares the heck out of me!
    So I told him that if he wants the girls to go then he can take them alone that I won't be going. I told him when he is ready to celebrate our anniversary with just the two of us then to let me know.
    I know that makes me a meanie, but I want to be the center of his attention on our anniversary - not me and 6 teens!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:59 PM on Sep. 28, 2009