Should I get some highlights?

I have long brown healthy hair, and my husband wants to I get some highlights. I scared highlight going to damage my hair or it’s not going to come out right. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Sep. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If you go to a reputable hair stylist you shouldn't have any worries about your hair being damaged. But ultimately, you should only highlight your hair if YOU want to -- it's your hair and I'm sure that you are beautiful the way you are.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 4:36 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Highlights will make you look young and sexy. Go to a color expert. Not everyone that cuts good can color. It will not damage your hair if you use a good shampoo. Not that panteen crap from walmart. Something from the salon like paul mitchell, ect. You do have to keep up with it too. You will have to go back and get your roots done about every 5 weeks and have them re-blend it. Some women dont want the up keep or the cost of it. But it does look nice because it looks like you care about you hair and your having something done to it. it's more girly to me.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 4:41 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Please don't get bleach blonde highlights. I think that is the worst hairstyle! Plus it looks super dated when you have really dark hair and have blonde highlights. It reminds me of the 90's.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Highlights will damage your hair. Opt for lowlights instead, four to five shades darker than your natural color. it doesn't bleach the hair, but adds some very nice dimension. if you want dramatic lowlights, get big chunks done under the top layer of you r hair and under the third layer of your hair. Keep them spaced to the face and across the crown area of your head. Good luck--and if men always got what they wanted in hair on a women we would all have long fricking blond tramp hair. Tell him to shave his dangly's if he wants you to get hi-lights. Hair in your mouth sucks and if he gets his way you do too. Shut my husband up! LOL
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 6:56 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Hey mama4Christ361

I wouldn't think getting "danglies" in your mouth would be a problem for someone that is "4 Christ" Maybe my husband will want to go to church more if I tell him about this. Is there a passage in the bible I should reference?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Sep. 28, 2009